Lovella Ashlii Stead - 24/12/2007 *Birth Story Added*

Omg I can't believe how you were treated-that's absolutely awful! You should file a complaint :x

omg carly, what an awful way to bring Lovella into the world. It sounds just like the way i was treated in the rosie cambridge, and horrific how they casn leave you in your own blood after you have just had ababy.

I filed a complaint.

Just read your birth story! :shock: :shock: Its awful how they treated you :hug: :hug:

When I was in labour with james I too was chucked in a room on my own and couldn't have anyone stay with me cos it was outside visiting times. The midwives ignored me too. I'm staying well away from the hospital this time!

Lovella is georgous :D

Aww Thank You :) I Never Even Thought Of Making a Complaint Tbh.. Im Not One To Make a Fuss :oops: Im Weak When It Comes To Stuff Like That.

But I Deffinately Wouldnt Want It Happeneing To Another Woman. However, I Do Believe It Was Down To The Fact It Was Christmas & Very,Very Busy Although Thats No Excuse For What Happened. I Still Look Back & Feel So Sad About How I Met My Baby Girl :(

But Its Over Now & I Have Every Faith That Next Time Will Be Different - and Shorter I Hope! :| Lol x

Congratulations, she's a stunner!!
But I cannot believe the way you were treated during your birthing experience. There was a woman on GMTV with almost the exact same story a while back, was just handed her baby and left in her own blood etc but she called her Mum who cleaned her up. :hug: :hug: Glad to hear it hasn't put you off the idea of another baby though :) Congratulations again, and well done!!

She is absolutely gorgeous, huge congratulations :hug:

But....

OMG :shock: can't believe you had to go through such an experience while having your baby. I would have to put a complaint in. Well done to you though for getting through such an ordeal :hug:

Carly, please please please tell me you'll put in a complaint. I can't believe how they treated you, that's absolutely shocking - I had no idea. If you told me at the time I woulda rung up and complained. Not to scare you or worry you but you'll remember your earliest moments with Lovella as traumatic ones and nobody deserves that. Honestly you really need to say something to somebody about that... hospitals shouldn't be like that in this day and age and they'll get away with it unless someone speaks out.

But after all that, you're such a brave girl - I can't believe what you went through and still feel positively. She is gorgeous though, and you have a fab little family unit with you, her and Luke.

Congrats again, hugs needed big style. I was nearly in tears reading that.. I can't explain how much that has affected me I feel so angry for you.

:hug:

what an amazing story! aww, bless u having to clean urself and baby and the room with baby-wipes while still half-paralysed! that is absolutely shocking tho seriously, i cant believe how badly u were treated :x
u really are very brave and u seem so chipper still despite ur abysmal care at the hosp :hug: :hug: :hug:
lovella is lovely btw!

omg how badly were u treated?!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock:

really awful treatment but Im glad Lovella came out safe and sound :hug:

awwww hunni, what an awful exprience :( but your cutie is gorgeous.

did u have a mobile epi? i want to labour on all fours, but been told i cant as our hospital dont offer mobile epi's :wall:

I would defintely put in a complaint and name and shame the nasty midwife - this shouldnt of happened to you and shouldnt be allowed to happen to other women either.

I feel so gutted for you Carly, I had a great experience with Imogen despite the fact it was a hospital birth and I wish all women could have the same.

Some midwives shouldnt have their jobs if thats all it is too them, its about giving a woman and her baby a wonderful birthing experience and making sure the patiant retains her dignity in all of it as much as she can. And most of all listning too you and asking you what you want.

Im disgusted at thew way they treated you and I would write a letter to the hospital telling them how disgusted you are. That was no way to meet your beautiful daughter - you both deserved so much better!

I'll Send In a Complaint For The Sake Of Future Births .. I Dont Want Anyone To Have To Go Through That. I Guess They're Just Lucky That IHave Good Coping Skills....& Am a Pushover :roll:

As For The Question About The Mobile Epi, I Havnt Got a Clue.. I Dont Know The Difference :| I Was Put On The Edge Of The Bed While They Sorted It All & I Was Having Blood Taken The Same Time BUT I Do Remember That I Could Still Feel My Legs Until Hours Later When The Left One Was Completely Dead (Hence Why I Fell Straight On The Floor :lol:) I Had To Have Another Drip Put In Though Because My BP Dropped Drastically After Having The Epi & I Became Really Nauseous. Sorry I Cant Help More Hun xxx

sounds like a dreadful time - I had a bad time due to midwives when I had DS - don 't want to tell the whole story on here (I have mentioned bits before) - it was a while ago and I don't want to scare anyone but if you need any support about a bad birth experience and how it can leave you feeling - pm me anytime

Im Honestly Not Really Affected By It Tbh.. Yeah It Wasnt a Good Birth & I'll Never Get That Back But I Still Had My Baby & She Was Safe,Healthy & Well So Im Just Extremely Grateful. I Cant Say Im Traumatised & I Havnt Given It Too Much Thought. I Have Looked Back & Felt Sad But Thats Life & Im Sure It Wont Happen Next Time So Iv Just Put It Behind Me :) I Wasnt Going To Post The Story But I Had Requests So Decided I Finally Would Although I Hope To God It Hasnt Frightened Anybody. Like I Said Before.. Id Deffinately Do It All Again Without a Shadow Of a Doubt! Once I Got Home It Was Allready The Past :) xxx

I am so sorry you were treated so terribly :shock: No one should ever be treated the way you were.

Glad you are ok and enjoying gorgeous Lovella :D

That is really disusing how you were treated. Its a discrase. I feel so sorry for you, its meant to be a happy time.
To be left in a bed of blood is terrible,it should have been cleaned up strait away. :shock:
I hope you are making acomplaint.
Congratulations on your pretty girl tho, you deserve it. :hug:

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl, she is beautiful! I am absolutely appalled about the way you were treated, bless you! I am glad you are going to share your grievances, they should not be allowed to continue this...but good on you too for not letting it get to you! :hug:

Congratulations on your beautiful baby but oh my god do i feel sick after reading your story. Mainly i feel ashamed to be working in the NHS myself if it can treat people in such an appalling manner :shock:
I am an A&E nurse not a midwife but i come across nurses and NHS staff far too often who just don't seem to care and definitely should not be in the job due to their bad/uncaring attitides.
My community midwife seems to have the same 'i just don't care' demeanour and i hope and pray that the ones i come across in labour will not be the same.
I am so sorry you were treated this way and please please put in a detailed complaint, perhaps through the PALS (Patient Advice and Liason Service) at the hospital who will be able to guide you through the process.
(If it was Leeds was it LGI or Jimmy's by the way?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back