Lotus Birth

muppetmummy said:
no no no! :shock: What I don't get is how it's natural? Like someone else said, animals chew through the cord straight away, they won't lug a placenta around so why should we!
The placenta is not pretty, I'd much rather eat it than carry it around for 10 days, and I'm not doing that either!

Yep... think I would be chewing through the cord before carrying the placenta about with us for however long it takes!

Not for me thanks - and like Tilly there is NO WAY I'm looking at the pic. I was the sort of kid who went to the library in Biology lesson where hearts were being dissected :rotfl:

LOL - Im intrigued by things like that ( hearts being disected) soooo I had a look at the pic :rotfl: :rotfl: have a look - its funny, gross but funny. Its just the womans face :rotfl:

Tillytots said:
LOL - Im intrigued by things like that ( hearts being disected) soooo I had a look at the pic :rotfl: :rotfl: have a look - its funny, gross but funny. Its just the womans face :rotfl:

Ha! I knew you would peek! lol

Yeah its not that bad, but its enough to put you off doing it lol

Tillytots said:

:lol: She looks so proud to be holding a placenta! :lol:

Some people are odd

Bee said:
Tillytots said:

:lol: She looks so proud to be holding a placenta! :lol:

Some people are odd

she left a manky towel in the pic too

lol and id have made sure i was wearing a bra

I know..

She is like Ta-da!! :D Look what Ive got...*Mega grin* :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't want to see the placenta - anyone else can look at it but I'm not too bothered.

Bl**dy hell :puke: thats wrong!!!! ewwwwww!!! hello its not part of the baby its dead fleshy stuff!

I think the placenta is an amazing organ- it does an absolutely amazing job at giving nutrients to your baby before it's born, and taking wastes away. I've had a good look at a placenta and it was cool! (but then again I am a midwifery student so it would be weird if I thought it was gross lol!)

Meg xx

Hmmm amazing it may be but I def dont want one still attached to my gorgeous new baby a week after her birth!!

Noone would be able to look at the baby they would just be helplessly drawn to the revolting lump of flesh hanging off her!!!

How bizarre :?

What a strange idea - cant see how at all that would benefit the baby and as has been said surely must be an infection risk. I want to see my placenta properly this time - I used to be a doctor so used to blood and gore and this will be my last chance - saw dd's as it was tiny and they wnated to show me why she hadnt grown in the womb - but once I have had a quick look they ca chuck it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back