How does your OH feel about the birth?

mermaid

Reaction score
I can tell my OH is really anxious about the birth and I have tried to make him feel better but it's hard as I don't know what to expect myself!
He is squeamish and worried about seeing me in pain. I have to laugh sometimes though cos his main worry is having to cut the cord! I tried to explain that this is a personal choice and he won't be expected to do it! :rotfl:

I really want him to be there and he will be; I'm too private to have anyone else there, even my mum.

How does your OH feel? Is anybody's partner not going to be present?

My OH is really happy to be with me, as I am likley to be having a Home birth hes already said that it will be easier to help me by getting me drink and food etc and running me a bath as we will be in our own home with all my familiar things.

He is a bit screamish about seeing the baby come out lol but he knows it wont be that bad when it is actualy happening :D

My OH is really looking forward to it... strangly enough. But he worried about seeing me in so much pain aswell. I told him he can try some of the gas & air when the midwife isnt looking lol. He says he doesnt want to see baby beofre me, so he says he will he looking at my face the whole time. Yeah right of course he wont look at babys head come out :roll: I dont mind if he does, I just dont want him to tell me he can see it. Totaly crapped myself while giving birth last time when they said they could see the head. Something about the thought of a babys head down by my foo doesnt apeal to me :? lol. Anyway this will be first time OH has ever held a baby :cheer: so hes a bit nervous and excited all at the same time :D

My O/H is looking forward to it. He's excited about being a dad. all his friends have kids so he is the only one who has been firing blanks (so to speak) :lol:

my other half said "im scared!" lol but he is excited bless him :)

OH said he was scared because hes never been around babies before and he seems to think because I helped my mum raise 3 under fives I am not scared, I bloody am !!!! when its your own its a totaly different story !

Tasha20 said:
OH said he was scared because hes never been around babies before and he seems to think because I helped my mum raise 3 under fives I am not scared, I bloody am !!!! when its your own its a totaly different story !

im not scared caz i raised my sis.. shes now 4... and i got custody of her...

i used to put her to bed.. she used to sleep with me on my single bed.. i was only 16 1/2!

my mom was a gamblin addict.. ive now got custody and she lives with me.. so im a single mommy kinda...lol

ill be cooooooooooool (well ibloody well hope so) :rotfl:

Wow ebony, what a woman you are!! So your an old pro at this lark then!!

My OH is shitting himself to be perfectly honest, as he's really squeamish about blood and needles so he'll probably be in a worse state than me!!

Ebony I here so many stories like this and I really admire women like you :hug: My mum was left in the lurch by her ex when I was 16/17 and I helped her with raising the little ones, I am glad in a way that I did it so I know what to expect and how to deal with certain situations, but im just scared I suppose because this time its my own.

Vicki what are men like ay :roll: your the one giving birth and he passes out :rotfl:

OH coming in with me, dont want anyone but him as he is dead calming and level headed, he will be really good I reckon but he hates needles and hospitals so I hope he doesnt pass out and I have to do it alone!!!!!! :rotfl:

I was thinking of having mum too, but she is very emotional and I think she might fall apart...

@ tasha..so we are around the same age then :dance:

my aunty's husband passed out 4 times seeing her giving birth to his 4 kids :rotfl:

i mean once is enuff but 4 times.. and he always insist on going.. but watz the point...lol

Tasha - I want a home birth too! I thought he would be more relaxed and in control but typical, he thinks it is unsafe. :wall:

I was at my niece's birth and felt faint when she was having an epidural so went out for fresh air! I can therefore see it from the other side and try to reassure him!

Hunny all I can suggest is you do a lot of research on home births and gather all the info you can and show him, Trust me the facts and the information will be 100% in your favour!! I am sure he will come round to it if you did that, its well worth the fight!

:hug:

My OH is pretty chilled out about the birth, tbh I think he will look after me. He does get very emotional when im in pain mind, I was in hospital a couple of years back with a virus and he used to cry cos he hated seeing me wired up to a drip etc, bless his cottons, he is a great guy.

Il have my mum and my dad in the hospital tho, in the wings waiting to come in when LO has been born, im so close to my parents so I want them to be right there.

Again my OH is very laid back so I think he'll be good. Just hope he doesn't get too bored while I'm in first stage labour because there's not a lot to see is there!!

He was really good when I had my eye operation last year. when I came around from the op he sat by my bed for 5 hours while I was in and out of consciousness and when I finally came around I was sick in his lap!!!!

But he still loves me!!! :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back