c-section worries - Please help x

cottie

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share. I feel a little stuck in the middle of two proffessionals, like the birth is nothing to do with me any more.

Ive been struggling with back / pelvis / coccyx pain, I have congenital hip problems, and have been having physio. Its now got to the point that they can do no more and i have been using crutches. I also have wide spread nerve damage.

As well as physio I was also seen by an orthopedic doctor. Both suggested I speak to a consultant about a section. They are worried about the long term damage of a natural birth given the problems I have already. I had my daughter normally (ventouse), however was still suffering and in physio 10 months later.

My consultant said she would still prefer a vaginal birth. Bare in mind my inability to lie on my back or side also. With my daughter she had the cord round her neck so I was on my back with legs in stirrups. NO option of which position to lie in.

I felt really overwhelmed and called the midwifery service and they advised me that if i had a normal birth the outcome would be that the baby was here, but if I had a section the outcome would be that the baby was here but Id have had major surgery. They dont look further than the birth and immediate recovery, and will not consider long term issues. Ive also been told that despite the more acute pain I will experience, I wouldnt be able to have an epidural, although Ive been referred to an anesthetist also.

The plus side is I am being referred to a consultant orthopedic surgeon so guess there is another opinion to boot. Now dont get me wrong I know the first couple of weeks after a section is harrd going but in my mind thats easier than 12 months of pain and recovery, with a new born and a 3 year old.

I guess I need to put my arguement across well - any ideas how? anyone been in this position.

If you are still reading - thanks for the patience!

:hug: You don't have to put your arguement accross well at all. You need to tell them what you want, and what is best for you. It's your labour and the final decision is always in your court!

x

Last edited:
:hug: You don't have to put your arguement accross well at all. You need to tell them what you want, and what is best for you. It's your labour and the final decision is always in your court!

x

Hope so, maybe the ortho surgeon will be more on my side and not swayed purely by the easiest birth......

Thanks x

I havent been in this situation myself so no real advice just didnt want to read and run :)

like has been said above, you are no1 and you make the choices, people can advise whats best hun, but do what you want to do, if your forced into a situation your not happy with your body will become tense and stressed which in turn will have an affect on any complaints you have now and also baby

Tbh hun I'd try and push your very hardest for what you want. You're totally right it's major surgery and with having your hip problems, a child and a newborn :(

I had a c/s first time round and then all natural deliveries and I wouldn't fancy major surgery again :(

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back