Lottie Grace born 12/10/14 weighing 6lb 2oz

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hey girls!

Just wanted to do a quick announcement and birth story...

Pregnancy number 1 was a bit of a miracle nearly 2 years ttc, a septum removal and then my birth ended in a bad 3rd degree tear after a long labour and an epidural.

Having this baby (Lottie) arrive safe and sound I also feel is nothing short of a miracle too.

This pregnancy was what we thought was fraternal twins based on my uktrasounds, 2 sacks and 2 different eggs we thought one of which died at the end of week 9.

Having delivered it seemed the eggs had split ( identical twins ) but the placentas hadn't, I delivered two almost full size placentas within the same membranes so I think if both twins had survived we would have ended up with twin to twin transfusion syndrome, and would have been a very risky twin pregnancy with all my other high risk factors too.

So to the birth..

I was induced at 37 weeks.

12pm sat 11th, had exam, cervix 1cm, given 6hr prostin gel.

6pm sat 11th, another exam having tightenings but only 1-2 cm, had another pessary.

Midnight sat 11th examined was 2cm and given the option of have waters broken or have another pessary and get a good nights sleep. I went for sleep as my friends (midwives) we're going to deliver me and they were both on a days off so I thought it nicer not to get them out in the middle of the night.

So I went to sleep having tightenings or early contractions then woke at about 4:30 with real contractions, very light and manageable so I was nice and chilled.

About 10am the contractions were picking up and I was starting to think about pain relief, I had co coda mol, I was 3cm on the exam.

About 11am I was getting really uncomfortable and asked for gas and air in my private room and the on duty midwife kind of rolled her eyes and said can you not wait til you go to delivery? I was getting wound up and stressed so hubby called one of my midwife friends who decided to come in to sort me out. Contractions got worse and I decided if I couldn't cope now I'd no way cope in the later stages of labour so I asked for an epidural.

My friend came and we went through to one of the delivery suites and waited for the anesthetist.

Whilst I was waiting I started on the gas and air and it worked wonders, I was coping really well, I was stood up and feeling great. The anesthetist came and I asked if it was ok to change my mind and try the pool for a bit.

So in to the pool I went, it was lovely, I was loving it, in between contractions, puffing on my gas and air gently like I was sipping a cocktail in the pool on holiday!

I was coping really well, contractions were strong and about the same intensity each time so I knew what I was getting and knew I could deal with it.

My midwife friend examined me at about 11:30 and I was 6cm, she decided to break my waters to help move things along, after they were broken contractions got stronger but still manageable, then after about 20 mins they went crazy strong, and I was begging for my epidural, my friend went off to call the anesthetist, she seemed to be ages so I sent hubby to find out where she was, he walked slowly off to find her and I was like.. "Run!! Don't f-ing walk!!"

My friend came back with another midwife, said she needed to examine me before I could have my epidural, she did and through a daze of gas and air I could see her say I was 8cm, she checked again and said I was nearly fully!! Then she asked if I wanted to push, I replied "No! I don't want to push I want a f-ing epidural!" I was half joking! She said will you just try and I did and I felt great! Next contraction I did it again and out came baby's head next came the body, three pushes and I had my baby! I was so pleased!

And to top it off only a tiny tear at the top and a tiny one at the bottom.

So we now have another miracle baby, she's totally adorable and we've calked her Lottie Grace born at 12:04 on 12/10/14 weighing 6lb 2oz! :)

Xxx

Massive congrats hun! Love the name too.We'll done managing without the epidural! X

Aww amazing maybe. This has given me goosebumps. You did amazingly well... Super woman :)
Welcome to the world baby lottie. :) congrats to you, your oh and little charlie maybe :)

Last edited:
Well done!! Sounds like a great birth! Id be really chuffed with myself if i were u! Brought back memories of that awful transitional bit at the end where you are just like "i cant f**in do this anymore i need help!!!" Made me giggle! Enjoy youre lovely bundle! X

What a fantastic labour hun so pleased it all went really well for you and baby Lottie arrived safe and sound uou must be feeling very proud of yourself xx

Been keeping an eye out for your announcement hun!

Well done, sounds like you had a lovely experience (bet it didn't feel like it at the time :lol:)

Massive congratulations on the arrival of little Lottie

X

congratulations xx

my lottie grace was born 2 year ago on the 16th oct lovely name! :)

Thanks girls! :)

Ahh another Lottie Grace! :)

Vic did u get ur vbac? How did it go?

Xx

Aww congrats maybe! Have you got any pics of her? Lovely labour story xxx

Not been on for ages, but came looking for this!

Huge congratulations honey - sounds like you did amazingly well.

Gorgeous name and I'm sure she's utterly adorable.

xxxx

Aww lovely birth story! Congratulations to you all x

Ahhhhuge congratulations Maybee - lovely name and how odd to still have 2 placentas growing, that must be really unusual

Enjoy your lovely daughter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back