Welcome to Anton Peters, born on 12 September 2011.

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have decided to write a story before I forget.
So I will start from the day before- Sunday. As you probably read, I was getting strong BH but didn't want to get too excited about it in case it was a false alarm. So I made ravioli, got washing sorted and thought I have to Hoover but decided against it(NCT suggested that if we have the urge to clean, to lay down and rest). I did walk up the staircase sideways couple of times just to be sure and decided to go to bed as contractions were not getting stronger.
I woke up at around 5-6 am with what felt like bad period pains, they were noticeable. Woke up my husband to tell him he was not going to work. I went to the loo to find that I have the show and my waters started leaking. I popped on a pad and I thought I should have a shower and start timing them and phone the hospital to let them know my waters have broken. I thought it would be another day or so before things progress, how wrong I was!

Whilst I was in the shower, contractions were getting much stronger and by the time I got out I had to breathe through them and they were painful. I had to throw couple of things into the bag so told husband to do that and to get my maternity notes.

It was all a bit of a shock and I got my husband on the phone to the hospital telling them my waters have broken and I was having contractions. They of course wanted to speak to me and I had to have a broken conversation as the contractions were taking my breath away.

The woman I have spoken to said I could have a bath and come in 2 hours to which I said a bath was the last thing on my mind and that I wanted to come in.

We phoned a taxi, I thin kit was 7 am when the taxi arrived and off we went. On the way there we were timing contractions and they were 3-4 mins apart lasting 45 secs!

We got to the hospital quite quickly and went to triage, I think they were quite busy but at that point it was starting to become a blur.

I got a lovely midwife to check me over, my blood pressure was raised so there was a talk about epidural already for lowering the blood pressure. Final check was to see how much I was dilated and surprise, I was 3 cm already so they went off to find a room for me.

They have a midwife changeover at 8 am and pm so they midwife that was in the triage introduced a new midwife who was lovely as well. The rule was that they would check to see how far dilated I was at 12 and give me an epidural.

I needed to be put on the monitor because of the blood pressure so I went on the bed but soon got off as it was hard to just lay there. I got started on the gas and air to take the edge of the contractions, it was making me feel a bit drunk but soon enough it sort of wore off as contractions were getting so strong I was swearing.

His heartbeat was dipping during the contractions so they had to get doctors in to look over so there were numerous people in the room but I didnt care at that point. They said it could be a sign that things are progressing quickly.

At around 12 the doctor came in to give me an epidural by which time I was literally begging for it, it was hard enough to sit on the bed and hunch over with the bump through contractions plus she had 3 attemps and couldnt get into the proper space, i had lots of local anastetic too. They decided to call a consultant and for a moment I thought I was in for a ride if they couldnt give me an epidural.
Thank God, a consultant came in and she found the right space and got it in!

So it was about 11:15 I was due another examination, epidural was starting to work which was godsent and voila, I was already 6 cm!

Last edited:
Aww I'm so happy for you and glad it all went well! I can't believe how quickly things progressed for you.

Im going to make ravioli tomorrow, that seemed to get things started for you! Xx

welcome to the world little man! my wedding anniversary ill never forget!!! congratulations x

So I am back to finish the story. :D

I had to keep positioning myself straight and not on the side for it to work properly. But it worked in the end.
At 4 pm I was 9 cm which was good but his heart rate kept dipping during contractions so they had to run tests to make sure he was coping well. It showed that he was so we carried on until full dilation at 5 but the head was high so they left it until 6pm.
At 6 I started pushing, tried different positions etc but nothing worked so they got a doctor in to help and soon enough Anton was on my tummy with the help of a ventouse and episiotomy. I had to have a cut otherwise I would have torn. He cried straight away which was the best sound in the world, I just love him so much and have no idea where it came from.
He was examined and then we had skin to skin time, I just couldn't believe he was in my tummy moments ago!

I know I am biased but he is cute, I cant wait to see whether he will look like me or my husband.

Last edited:
Massive congratulations hun :love: :yay: xx

Hope you are LO are doing well xxxx

aw hes gorgeous! Well done you aswell, sounds like you did fab!
xxx

He's so cute, congratulations Hun xx

Awww how cute, he shares my sisters birthday :eek:) xx

Massive congrats!!

:yay:

He's gorgeous!!

What did he weigh? (or did I miss that bit)

:)

Well done & congrats, he's a cutie x

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111