• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Evie Grace** Born 6th Sept 08 Weighing 6lb 13oz

Hi Dannii!
Just wanted to say congrats again & reading your birth story brought a lot back to me.

When my waters burst they were mecconium stained which meant i couldnt use the birthing pool as i had hoped to.

They also discovered that Kieran was back to back and told me to prepare for a long labour too! (contractions started late at night on 31st Dec and he was born at 7.14am on 2nd Jan!)

I ended up having a c-section tho, but they had talked about doing a forceps delivery, but when his heartbeat started dipping very low, they decided it had to be an emergency c-section.!

But they are sooooo worth it all arent they!!

She is absolutely gorgeous!

xxx

Like everyone else on the forum, I have been following your progress for the last few weeks and just so pleased Evie eventually arrived and what a healthy little girl she looks!

Sounds like you had a dreadful time, but am sure she was worth it :D

She is absolutely beautiful......you must be a very proud mummy!

Huge Congratulations!!

:hug:

Aww hun sounds a nightmare, I'm so sorry to hear what a difficult time you had and that you feel traumatised by it but Evie is so gorgeous when you look into their little face it makes all the pain worthwhile doesn't it! :hug: :hug:

Aww sorry it was a hard labour but well done for getting through it :hug: and look what you have in return :D xx

Awww Danii, what a sweet lil girl she is! Congrats, Mum!!! Am I right in thinking she already looks A LOT like you? She is really pretty!
So sorry to hear you had such a horrid labour...it shouldnt be like that and it is all down to the way doctors/midwives, etc behave around you. With my first daughter it was traumatic and much like your labour, with my youngest, she was also back to back and it was quite long for a third baby. The difference was in the marvellous team that cared for me and the brilliant doctor who turned Ani in utero and delivered her. The team makes all the difference, just so sorry you had to go thru that... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
It was worth it tho :D she is truly lovely

Lisa x

aw shes beautiful Dannii, I can't believe that M/W told you to push if you felt like it! thats shocking!
You are very brave i can't believe your labour it sounds like you had a real tough one. But as i already said Miss Evie is more than worth it eh! Well done chick you done yourself proud! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: Aww hun, sorry you had such a traumatic labour :hug: You got a very beautiful little girl out of it though :D

Congratulations Dannii you did really well :hug:

Congratulations Dannii! :hug: A very traumatic labour and birth but you did very well, Evie is gorgeous!! I see she didn't get any marks on her face from the forceps which is good, Aimee had a big horrible mark on the left side of her face. Thankfully it faded by day 3.

She is just the cutest wee lady!! Congrats!! :hug:

I really enjoyed reading your birth story, hope you're feeling better now?Enjoy your little lady!! :cheer:

I just knew that little girlie was going to make it hard for you but she is soooooo worth it isnt she!? What a little doll!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Shes far too much of a princess to have made things easy for you!! :D

Congratulations, the breastfeeding pic is gorgeous, she looks so content.

aww bless you hunni, you did so well for such a traumatic time :( i'm really pleased you and evie are doing ok. I had to have LOADS of stitches with millie, they were doing my stitches for 45 mins :( so i have very deep sympathy for you. Your mum sounds absolutely brilliant, i had my mum and husband at millies birth and it was such a special moment when millie was born seeing my mum crying with happiness! Bringing back some tears! Well done again hun, she is so precious xxx

Huge congratulations huni, Im so glad she is finally here!! :cheer: Sorry you had such a long, hard and traumatic time of it, but its over now and you can enjoy your beautiful little princess :hug: Sounds like you coped remarkably well with all the drama, so well done chick :clap: Hope you recover soon :hug:

Sounds really tough hun, but you did really well and was so brave. It sounds like you coped really well. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Evie is gorgeous and i'm sure you are an awesome mummy. Huge Congratulations!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congrats again, she is soo lovely and a wee dinky like my little spud, DH is awwing at her photo too!

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough ride, although mine was straightforward i still felt a bit tramatised from it all as it was such a shock, talking about it loads helped.

I had a 2nd deg tear and its amazing how quickly everything heals down there, one tip, get some distilled witchazel, use it on your pads as its really cool and soothing, its also a cleanser so its good to put on loo paper to wipe yourself with, keeps everything clean and sooths it all at the same time, also get some (well get someone else to get) some tea tree oil, put a few drops in your bath, its a natural antiseptic. Neither of these will interfer with BFing and will be fine on your skin.

Make sure you look after yourself, its easy to get run down with a newborn!

Hiya Dannii,

Well done, Evie is beautiful.

Make sure you take care of yourself. I'm feeling quite emotional now because exactly 6 years ago to this hour I was being prepped for a c/section after a long 40 hr back to back labour, and at 12.13am my little Daisy was was born.
its amazing how quickly everything heals down there
Sparky is right, it takes a few weeks but you'll be as fit as a fiddle in no time.

Enjoy little Evie, and take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back