Baby finley james born 14/12/07 UPDATED ON PG 2 WITH PICS!!!

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
Baby finley james was born 14/12/07 weighing 8lb 8oz

finleys birth story....
well i got taken in to be induced on friday morning. i was admitted to hospital at 7.30am. i had a routine checkup with a midwife who then put me on a monitor for an hour. i got given my first peserie (sp?) at 10.15 am and then put back on to the monitor for an hour and a half. i think it must of been then i had my first few contractions but i wasny feeling them the monitor was just picking them up.

at about 12.00pm i started to get mild period type pains. gradually they was getting stronger.....but i really thought i just needed a poo! lol
so off i went to the toilet to have a little try but couldnt.
anyway i mentioned to the midwife and she gave me some pain killers. at about 2pm i was in quite alot of pain. i told the midwife but she said she could only offer me a bath. i went in the bath at about half 2. when i was in the bath the pains got worse then all of a sudden POP! my waters went. i didnt realise at the time it was my waters as i wasin too much pain. After the pop my pains got alot worse so i got out the bath and went back to the ward.

when i got back on the ward i told my mum i felt a pop and thought it might have been my waters. she went and told the midwife and she told me to put on a pad a lay on the bed and she'd check me in a hour to see if they had gone.

she went off but i was in agony so she strapped me to the monitor and she could see i was having regular contractions. i thought after all this pain i bet im only abou 2 or 3 cms dilated!
she asked me if i wanted some gas and air while she waited to examine me. the gas and air didnt do much (exept make me shouting to everyone that i had ants on my face lol) she asked me what pain relief id thought of and i said i want an epidural. but i couldnt have one yet cus there was no delievery room available for me. arghh!
by this point i really really thought i was dying lol - or as i was shouting the baby is trying to kill me!

about half an hour later she examined me and said i was 6cms dilated and a room was now free...but i had to walk.
now i couldnt stand let alone walk. she said to me you can either walk with the gas and air or ill get a wheelchair and no gas and air cus i cant push both. but stupid me misheard her and thought she said u can walk with the gas and air or ill take you prisoner and ull neva have the gas and air again :oops: . so i jumped off the bed! lol and more or less ran to the room.

i got to the room and the anethasist (sp?) was waiting for me he had to try and tell me about the epidural first but i was just shouting at him to put it in.
whilst they was putting it in my mum was bawling her eyes out which was making me panick cus it upset her seeing me in pain.
they eventually got it in after 3 attempts. and i was in heaven!
i take my hat off to anyone who has a baby with no pain releif!

after that i felt hardly any pain whatsoever! by 8.50pm i was fully dilated. they said they would wait only half an hour instead of an hour for me to push cus the babys head was so far down.

after about half an hour of big pushes baby finley was born at 09.23pm

i had a 2nd degree internal tear from him being born with his arm round his head and labial lacerations (sp?) but it was worth it! :D :D :D

ah wow cant wait to see pics

well done, you must be so proud.

lol id love to have been there hearing you scream about ants etc how funny :rotfl:

well done, your birth story had me in stitches
well the bit about the midwife taking you prisoner
and never giving you gas n air :rotfl:

welcome baby finley :dance:

lol @ take ya hat off to anyone who gives birth without any help

congratulations well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads