Baby Pos 12/12/2011

positivity :)

Reaction score
ok so i actually have 10 minutes while little man is sleeping on my chest :cloud9:

so i went into hospital on sunday 11th December at 10am to be induced one week early due to high blood pressure. i arrived and the first two hours were spent getting onto the ward and monitoring babies heartbeat etc. all was fine so the mw done an internal examination and told me i was still 2cm dilated. they would be inserting a gel and leaving it for six hours with the hope that i would dilate further and bring on labour.

so at lunch time the gel was inserted and me and OH went for a few long walks outside the hospital, at 6pm the mw came to check and told me i was still 2cm so the first gel hadn't done much, felt so upset as i knew it meant another gel and...another six hour wait :roll:

at 1am another mw checked me and said i was STILL 2cm :shock: i was expecting them to tell me i would need ANOTHER gel inserted but instead she said she was going off to ask the doctor to artificially break my waters. while she was gone i felt a sudden 'pop' in my stomach and sure enough my waters had broke themselves. i was really pleased and within about a minute contractions started to come hard and fast. i started to suddenly have lots of diohhrea and was was walking back and forward to the toilet. at this point i was still on a ward and waiting to be moved to a delivery suite. i got sick a couple of times and then found the contractions seemed to be coming VERY fast. i was on gas and air and felt a bit like the mw's thought i was going over the top with the pain. turns out i was much further on than anyone expected as i suddenly realised there was NO gap between contractions and i screamed out for a mw and shouted that i needed to go to the room NOW lol!

all of a sudden i was thrown into a wheel chair and literally ran through the department, i was shouting for an epidural and was told i could have one if i got onto the bed (turned out that was a lie!!) within seconds of getting onto the bed the room filled with two doctors, 2 midwives and an anesthetist. luckily i was too out of it by then to know what was going on but learned afterwards that babies heartbeat had rapidly dropped. i realised there was no time for epidural and shouted out that i needed to push, three pushes later and with the doctor using the ventouse....he was out!! just one and a half hours from when my waters broke :shock:

baby was given to my OH and unfortunately i was whisked off to theatre for a spinal (can u believe i got thru labour with no relief..and then i have to have a spinal!!!!!) as i had a third degree tear :cry:

two hours later i met my little man (still nameless :oooo:) and he is worth all of it!

i literally cannot believe i am sitting here with my baby boy on my chest and writing out my birth story after joining this forum in august 2010. i feel so grateful for my gift and more than anything, grateful for all the support during ttc and pregnancy. love you's all xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
aww wow sounds like you did brilliantly well done you xx

Aww. It's so amazing to be reading your birth story - when I joined the forum we were both in TTC together and I feel so happy to have been able to see you finally get your BFP and for it to become that little baby boy. :love:

Huge congrats Pos!

No name yet? Or have I missed it? :blush:

x

Wow amazing! Well done you! Can't wait for the name announcement!

Well done Pos, great birth story. You did so well. Can't wait for the name now.

Congrats hun....what a speedy delivery! Glad you're both doing well :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

You did amazing pos! Proud of you! Hope your tear heals up quickly, I feel your pain!! X

Congratulations. We were briefly in ttc together until I got my bfp in September. I remember you getting your bfp. being a mummy is the best thing in the world! xx

yay...been waiting for this....congrats hon xx

Sounds like you did great, congratulations Hun xxx

Ah hun, can't believe little man is here, birth story is written and the next chapter has begun :hug: Love it :love: Well done you.xxxx

You did so well sweetie, well done :love: xxxx lovely birth story xxx can't wait to share all the baby fun too lots of love xx

wow you did fab. I always say a women always knows her own body. well done :) congrats xx

Massive congratulations babe!! Good job your waters didn't break at home and you were in the right place!!
Xxxx

Wow, you didn't fancy hanging around anymore then!!! Congratulations x

Massive congratulations babe!! Good job your waters didn't break at home and you were in the right place!!
Xxxx

i thought of this the other day..terrifying! my cousin had her baby delivered at home a few months back as he came to quickly! her mum and OH delivered him!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back