Losing weight

kanga86

Reaction score
I know this will probably upset those of u gaining weight, but I have started losing weight again?! I started out at 16st 7lbs pre pregnancy, dropped to 15st in tri 1 due to severe hyperemesis. I started gainin weight around 17-18 weeks and hit 15st 10lbs 2 weeks ago, weighed myself today and I'm back down to 15st 7lbs!

Should I be worried about losing weight? I know being overweight I have plenty of stores, but just worried Roo isn't getting enough! I feel as though I pig out, so don't understand how I am losing?! Xxx

P.s please don't hate me :D

Last edited:
I wouldnt worry about it at all. 3lbs of difference in 2 weeks isnt much. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day?cause your weight can fluctuate by a few lbs on a daily basis. As long as you know you are eating well, then Roo will be getting everything he/she needs. Chances are your diet has changed a bit since becoming pregnant too, so that can also affect things. I alwaysl lose a good few lbs when I cut out alcohol,lol! Im 18 weeks at the moment and havent gained any weight yet, but my body shape is changing and I have a definite bump. My advice is to chuck away your scales and monitor your pregnancy through the visual changes you see in your body and the movements you feel from Roo instead. Weight is not important, just enjoy being pregnant!

Aww dont apolgise babe. Good for you losing weight hehehe ;) have you had any diahorea lately ?

You can lose weight through having this - maybe your just on the move more lately i.e being more active ?

I suppose if you was losing dramatic weight loss in such a short space of time that could be of concern but i would not worry about this weight you have lost.

xxx

I'm eaxactly the same as you, I'm about 14 stone now and was 16 befor preg. At my scan I mentioned it to my (pig of a) consultant and his actual response was "good, you could due with losing a few stone" and began wittering on about how I'm going to have servere birth problems at my weight! I said its a good job your not pregnant then as your baby wouldn't stand a chance with that pot belly.

Long story short, my lovely midwife said that it's nothing to worry about it as long as the weight loss isn't due to vomiting every meal up

It's maybe just your body sorting itself out a bit, getting a natural detox perhaps? As long as there's no other symptoms like headaches, lethargy or fainting then I think it should be ok xx

Thank u ladies, it just really confused me cos I feel as though my belly has expanded lots the last couple of weeks and then for the scales to go down seemed a shock. I was expecting at least 3-4lns gain instead.

Happy red, I do weigh myself at the same sort of time due to it being at work on their scales, so as I go round cleaning I weigh myself on the scales in the office :)

Star, I did have a bit of a upset tummy over the weekend/ beginning of the week maybe that could be why.

Cherry glitter, I can't believe ur consultant how rude of him. It's definitely not being lost through sickness now.

Leesey, definitely no other symptoms with it, in fact I feel as though I have more energy this last week than previous weeks.

I think I will just be content that bump is growing, even if weight is coming off else where. It would be quite nice to have a good start on losing weight to a healthy bmi after Roo arrives. I will keep an eye on it though, although I only weigh myself every 2 weeks don't want to be too obsessed with my weight xxx

Hiya hun i weigh regulary cause im a big girl and seem to go up and down the same 3 or 4 lbs on a weekly basis . as long as your eating well and feel ok nothing to worry about

That's very comforting to hear chantilly, glad I'm not the only one yoyo-ing xx

Your metabolism might have something to do with it as your body is working harder. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back