Looking at names again

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Now we know we're team blue we know we can concentrate on boys names - typical really as our girls name was a definite :)

From the start Jack Dylan was the front runner, however I've said all along we will take a list with us as I think it's important to see them and decide if the name suits them. It also keeps everyone in suspense :)

However from the start of the pregnancy my OH has referred to the baby as Maximus. He even puts on a voice when he says it and I swear he thinks I'm giving birth to a gladiator! It's now a bit of a joke between friends and family and everyone calls bubs Maximus. Recently I've been thinking about names and although I wouldn't use the name Maximus, I can only think of the baby as Max. It just seems to fit. As I said nothings set in stone but I just thought I'd get your views, he would be Max Dylan or Max Robert xxx

I like Max! It's a lovely name x it was on our boy list before we chose Sebastian but it sounded too much like a superhero name with our surname (my DH did the 'voice over' voice every time he said it!)

What is it with men and doing 'voice over' voices :) I just know me and my OH are going to take one look at him and say 'he's a Max'. I'm struggling to think of him as anything else so I guess if it feels right maybe that's what we should go for xx

I'd def go with it if it feels right. We had names we liked but nothing felt right until we heard 'Sebastian' and we instantly knew!!!

OH's nephew is a Max (he is Max Alexander)

However I work with a ladie and her dog is called Max :shock:

I like the name personally....

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I like Max - had it on my list but DH didn't like it.

I like Max Dylan out of the two.

I'd like Max for our next baby if it's a boy because i'd like a 1 syllable name to go with Jack's but my Cousin has stolen it! :(

So Max & obviously Jack both get my vote! :) x

i love the name Max, my friend has not so long since had her baby and called him Max :) x

I like max (and there do seem to be a lot of jacks about)

It's brilliant, and because you have been calling baby Maximus all the way through, it must seem very familiuer (sorry can't spell that!), and so sometimes the right name just floats to the top, go for it.

Other options for OH are Ceaser or Brutus!

Last edited:
It's brilliant, and because you have been calling baby Maximus all the way through, it must seem very familiuer (sorry can't spell that!), and so sometimes the right name just floats to the top, go for it.

Other options for OH are Ceaser or Brutus!

Haha I can imagine him wanting to call the next one Ceaser. I'm feeling the baby move more now and earlier I called him Max and got a kick so I think he approves :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back