• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long name instead of short

I like the way you have such a tradition culturally Terrie, more people should have!

It's actually really popular at the minute to name a child one thing and then call it by the middle name, at least youre doing it in keeping with your culture.

My friend had a little girl last year that they wanted to call Ellie, but in the end they gave her Elouise on her birth certificate, which they never ever call her by and don't actually like very much! Go for just Ellie if you really like that name I reckon. :)

I don't think someone has more chance of being employed because they chose to use a full version of their name, i certainly wouldn't select employees based on their name.

I wasn't implying that at all - would be a very mad world if your name affected your chances of being employed..... :)

I just meant that in a formal situation such as a job interview I would use my full given name - a name that I'm proud of - usually people will ask if I prefer to be called Sam anyway.

Thanks ladies,
I guess we have a few months to think about it. I do feel that i would rather name the baby the name we would use, but understand where hubby is coming from.
I have to confess why i have brought this up is that i am a middle names person, and it has caused me trouble all my life, a real pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back