Same letter first name and surname? Dodgy or not?

MummyJess

Reaction score
After having 3 beautiful girls we have now found out that our 4th baby is a little boy. :cheer:

So far we only have one name that we both sort of agree on, which is William (Billy or Will for short). He will definitely have the middle names David Christopher, which are family names and non-negotiable.

The only problem is that his surname will be Watson. So his name would be William Watson. I don't like the sound of it but my OH insists it doesn't matter and sounds fine. So I thought I see if people on here think it's an issue. By the way, I don't want to just call him Billy, I'd only use this as a short version of his full name.

Please be honest cos we have plenty of time to come up with another name if this is a total no go!

William Watson and Billy Watson are fine, not so sure about Willie Watson tho......

Sam is Samuel Steven S.......

I like alliterated names :D and William Watson sounds lovely.

Bray is
Braydon Andrew B.......... and i like the fact he has the same letter for first n last name

Tangerinedream said:
Emma58 said:

Ditto :D

Double ditto :D

I think alliteration in names sounds like they are destined for great things, ready made for becoming an Author, Actor,Artist or Superhero :wink:

aramintalovegrove said:
Tangerinedream said:
Emma58 said:

Ditto :D

Double ditto :D

I think alliteration in names sounds like they are destined for great things, ready made for becoming an Author, Actor,Artist or Superhero :wink:

Aww yeah I hope that's the case :lol:

I think it's a lovely name & 'William Watson' has a nice ring to it, iykwim?! I'm actually trying to think of names beginning with 'J' to go with our surname of Johnston, I also like the use of alliteration!

I don't always like it and wouldn't alliterate my baby's name cause I hate our surname and it sounds comedy enough.

But I like what you've chosen very much :)

I think it sounds fine with a longer surname! William Watson sounds great!
It doesn't always work though our surname is only 3 letters and sounds silly when we try it. :(

William Watson sounds just fine! A great name actually! Like a future PM etc! :hug:

Thanks so much for everyone's replies. :hug:

Reading through some of them has realy helped me come round to the idea of using this name. I love William and especially Will and Billy so I am pleased it doesn't seem to sound odd with the surname. I like the idea of him being destined for greatness. :)

Now I've just got to stop my OH calling him Little Willy! :lol:

Personally I'm not keen on first names and surnames beginning with the same letter but I like what you have chosen ;)

I'm stuck :lol: I'm going to have BB as my initials when I marry OH :lol:

Yes it sounds fine.

Fingers crossed with our pregnancy (as we are early) if we have a boy we want to call him Jesse Jacques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back