What do you think of.....

l_maclean

Reaction score
Ailish Maclean.

Dont be afraid to say if you totally hate it. lol.

Was looking up names today and Ailish is the gaelic version of alice.

Having real trouble finding a girls name I like that goes with maclean.

first name is Elizabeth - but may use middle name for everyday use (DH and my mum both do this).

I dont feel that any of the short names for Elizabeth go with Maclean - i think its cos it's quite a hard sound - and little girly names that I like dont seem to go with it.

Elizabeth Ailish Maclean - DH isnt overly keen - but he has that response to every girls name i suggest lol.

xxx

i like Lottie which apparently is derived from Elizabeth and I think Lottie MacLean is abso STUNNING! not fussed on ailish tbh sorry :( xx

Thats alright Piglet - i asked for opinions - and i know some folk wont like it.

I really thought a girls name would be easy - there are sooooo many lovely girls names - but im just not falling in love with any along side Maclean.

xx

Eva Maclean?

do you like new/old/unusual/ regular names ?? xx

For a girl i'd like something a little bit different - but not completely out there - if that makes sense. I'd like her to have name unusall enough for there not to be 3 or 4 of them in a class - but "normal" enough for folk not to go - you named her WHAT??

DH is a bit more traditional than me, and i think would like something very regular - but im trying to persuade him to my way of thinking. lol

I know we have absolutely ages to decide - but cos we currently have such different ideas of what we like - id like to try and have it narrowed down a bit - at least to 2 or three that we'd both be happy with.

xxx

how is it pronouned? Might make it easier to get my head round!

we are like that with boys names! DH put me off of our choice of Henry, so we are currently tryin to think of another name but really struggling. he hates all the names i say and he comes up with stupid names like hubert and norbert! I DON'T THINK SO!

We are kinda liking Ralph tho, and i love Ralphie!

I dunno how write the pronunciation properly - so I'll try and explain this.

Ai (as in pAIr) - li - (as in LIp) - sh.

xxx

kk chick ill list some suggestions i think go with ur surname!

Emily
Katie
Gracie
Sophia
Alexis
Ruby
Lily-Grace
Lilly-Ella

im not sure if im even going in the right direction! and sorry if im not much help xx

Actually - you're doing pretty well piglet. lol.

I really LOVE - the name Ruby - but its really really popular where we stay - so its kinda gone out the window. I cant really used Gracie - as my best mate has her heart set on Grace when she has kids - ive been warned on that one.

I thought about Lily as a pet name for Elizabeth. - but wasnt quite sure about Lily Maclean - i dunno why though.

I thought about Ella last night - but my dad had this bad habbit of repeating my neices name when she was really little in kinda a sing-song way - he used to say "hazel hazel hazel" in a daft tune - and when i said Ella - i kinda heard the Umberella - ella-ella song in ma head.

xxx

what about Laura. My maiden name was Mclean (probably pronounced the same as yours) and my name is Laura and I think they sound fine together :lol:

Also, my middle name is Elizabeth!

Last edited:
what about lily-rose as a double barrelled name?? xx

I'm an Ailish but mine is spelt Eilish! Its the gaelic spelling I love my name as it's so unusual but people do have problems pronouncing it sometimes. If I wasn't called Eilish I think I would have called my Grace it x x

I childminded an Ailish years ago. Her's was pronounced Eye - Leesh. They shortened it to Lily sometimes x

I think eye-leesh is nearer the gaelic for elizabeth, which is the first name ive choosen. Ai-lish i think is alice.

still considering lily as pet name for elizabeth.

Muffin - im Lorna, i think Laura & Lorna would get v. confusing. lol
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back