FOB hates every name I pick!

AugustMum

Reaction score
Is anyone having this problem?!

I think there are 3/4 names I like the best but the FOB doesnt like any of them but hes not suggesting any names himself. Surely thats not fair!

I picked the middle name (he didnt want a middle name at all but i really like to have a middle name), and thats going to be Elizabeth. Its both our mothers middle names so thought it was nice. But the 4 top names I like are:

Kaya
Rose
Lily
Evelyn

The surnames going to Carpenter-Portman (as were not together I want my name in there too :)) so a nice short name is needed really lol. What are your thoughts?

I think Kaya sounds lovely with your surname, but I like Evelyn too!!
Perhaps have a short list and then when you go through all that labour, and he sees how tough you have it on the day, you can just say well its" xxxx"" and he is bound to go with you in his weak moment! Ha ha

I love them all! Are you sure he's not just trying to be difficult?! When I read your title I thought you were going to have suggested a load of really strange names :lol:

i gave my hubby a long list an asked him which ones he liked to say a name which stucj out to him the most an we took it from there really. it is tricky but you both should like the names as you both have to call them there name till there 20 an over that then i bet it wil be a different name lmao x

I think my favourite is Kaya, cause its pretty but still not very common. I dont like wierd names. He suggested River and I was like :eh:

Ive asked him to get a list of five names together for when we next meet up and Ill do the same, then we can keep doing that. That way we should be able to narrow some down a bit! I deffinatly think waiting until the birth is a good idea though! You cant say no to a woman whos just given birth to your child!!! :)

My OH has been avoiding even talking about names until last week when he suggested one! I have to say I'm not bowled over by it, but it's a start. I think my OH is in a different place in his head, he thinks we'll just know what it's name should be when it's born. Men are funny things, their brains are even more peculiar!

Yeah i agree - my OH said no, no, no to all the boys names i suggested - but i asked him about one that i kean on and he said yes a few weeks after, so maybe let them sink in before hand. I like names for a reason - if its a bot it will have OH's middle name and if its a girl i would like my saints name that i prayed to when i had some bleeding at 12 weeks. I think middle names are great my son has grandads name, daughter mine and MIl and youngest great grandmas.

Love all the names you have suggested, maybe once you make him think about what names he likes he will come round to your ideas. Men have a habbit of saying no but not being able to come up with their own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back