Long car journey

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Got our first long car journey coming up on Wednesday. We're taking the 2 hour ferry back and driving the rest of the way. It'll be 5.5 hours, horrible :( I'm gonna take Angel out of the car seat every hour for at least 10 mins. As far as bottles are concerned shall I just sterilise the bottles and use a carton of formula? I thought that was the best way of doing it? I'm not looking forward to this at all :( xx

I always take one bottle already made up and a 2nd bottle which is sterilised and use a carton for that one xxxx

I thought if you make up a bottle it's only good for 2 hours at room temp? xx.

hey hun sorry i havent had any long journeys with harry and he's breast fed so i dont have to mess around with formula and bottles hope it all goes well anyway?

Have you got a cool bag? Maybe make up the bottles and put them in a cool bag with some ice packs in (it'll just be like being in the fridge) and then take a flask to warm them up? :) x

its probably easier to take the water and powder separatly and make them up as you go along. there is a costa onboard which will heat up water/bottles for you.

top tip for the ferry is to bring a change of clothes for all of you. last time it was a bit choppy and really hot and my lo did her first ever projectile vomit which was really quite spectactular.

the facilities are ok, with a large feeding/changing room. we sat in the bar last time as there were a few kids running around that entertained her well.

have fun. we have done the journey loads of time now and its ok.

I thought if you make up a bottle it's only good for 2 hours at room temp? xx.

Yeah that's right but I put it in one of the bottle insulated bags that keeps it cool . But my LO normally has her first bottle an hour into a journey anyway we do a 5 hours train journey every 6 weeks or so it visit my OH family in Norwich xxx

I take a long coach journey to and from weston super mare every 2 weeks or so it takes bout 6 hours i take a flask of water and powder and some ready made formula aswell and try to get ezzie down to sleep later night before and up earlier so she's more likely to sleep on the coach xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back