Silver Cross Ventura Car Seat

lindseylou

Reaction score
I bought this car seat as I wanted to get the silver cross linear freeway pram and can use the car seat with it.

Of course I didnt test it out first and we had a fight with it in the hospital car park after bubba was born, so don't think the seat belt is long enough. Not had a chance to check it out again since.

We have a VW Bora & Golf. Has anyone had the same trouble with this make of car or are we just being really stupid?

Or can you recommend a good car seat / pram combo that would fit?

Hiya! I had the same problem but ive sussed it. When the first lady fitted it she said to put the bar at the front down first then feed the seatbelt across the front and then round the back. This doesnt work (i have a vauxhall corsa).

You need to put it in the car against the back seat with the bar at the front slightly up (make sure all the padding is off) feed the seat belt across the front and click, slightly tilt the car seat forward and run the seatbelt across the back (quite high up) and slot into the seatbelt holder on the side (at the top) Tilt the carseat back again and straighten it all out. YOu may then find that the bar at the front can then click down. The lady didnt seem too concerned if it couldnt as long as its as far down as it can go.

Mine now fits but i had to go back and get them to do it again as i was losing my rag!

Claire x

We've not had a problem with it in our Corsa, but in OH's Mum and Dad's car, the belt doesnt seem to be long enough. So in their car we have to tilt the seat forwards (Like Nori said) it's a pain, actually. Thankfully we dont have to do it alot :lol:

I'd always say if buying any seat that will see use in a car to test it out before buying. So if you buy a new car seat even if someone tells you it will fit, go test it for yourself anyways to be on the safe side.

Some makes tell you on their websites what cars fit their car seats. But still worth road testing.

Yes, I found it a tight fit in a few cars, dads volvo estate, OH's Subaru...

Fits fine in my Clio, and in the Astra that im buying. I always test before buying, make sure the buggy fits in the boot too!! That would be a huge pain in the bum!

CoreysMummy said:
Yes, I found it a tight fit in a few cars, dads volvo estate, OH's Subaru...

Fits fine in my Clio, and in the Astra that im buying. I always test before buying, make sure the buggy fits in the boot too!! That would be a huge pain in the bum!

Good point about the buggy.. the 3d version is smaller than the linear chassis.

Hi,

I have this car seat, and it fitted into my volkswagen golf, but not into my vauxhall corsa, the belt in the corsa wasnt big enough, so we bough a britax rock a tot car seat and I started using the golf most days as the ventura went with my pram.
I think youy buy extensions etc, but I wasnt sure with regards to the safety aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back