In the car

Bloom

Reaction score
What does everyone do when there lo are crying in the car.

Recently DD hates the car she spends to whole journey screaming and crying real tears inless i can get her to sleep. I always end up pulling over to comfort her. Its driving me mad. She sits in the back i do have a two way mirror so she can see me and as i cant turn the airbag off in the front but i dont think thats the answer even when im not driving and i sit in the back with her she still screams until i take her out the car seat and cuddle her. Sometimes it takes me ages to calm her down as she gets into a right state. Its not the car seat as she will sit in fine when not in the car. I have tried letting her cry but this doesnt work either she just gets more upset.

I rely a lot on my car to get me out and about and dont really want to stop driving but its getting to the point where i have no choice as a short drive sends my stress levels sky high. :(

Please tell me she will grow out of it soon :pray:

They grow out of it :D Lil miss was the exact same... she'd start screaming the minute the engine started...she could be near comatose state, but my gods.. when I started that engine the whole world and his dog knew she wasn't happy :roll:

Then one day she didn't do it anymore... nothing special really happened... We did have a sun hood over the car seat which I got rid of to see if that had anything to do with it...and while she still wasn't happy... she was "happier" being able to see the world as we went by... I also hung toys that she could reach from the handle bar of the car seat to help... basically she learnt to grab things and play with them, and that kept her occupied.

At two months they get bored and lonely on their own... and they are "on their own" in the car. But once they can amuse themselves they get much better.

Hi J
have you tried one of those Tiny Love arches that attach over the car seat? They have a few toys that hang down so might attract her attention?
Hope you're OK. Finn's got 1 tooth and is sitting up now!

Yeah distraction is probably the key...I got some linky ring things from ELC which I use to attach various toys to the car seat straps and handle, Eva goes out looking like a christmas tree with all this stuff dangling off her but she seems to keep busy fiddling with it all! :lol:

Hope LO grows out of it soon, its sooo stressful trying to drive when they are like that :hug:

Kylie1007 said:
Hi J
have you tried one of those Tiny Love arches that attach over the car seat? They have a few toys that hang down so might attract her attention?
Hope you're OK. Finn's got 1 tooth and is sitting up now!

I have not tried toys so will get some she has not really shown any interest in toys yet but mabe she would look at the colours :? its got to be worth a try.

1 Tooth that so cute i bet it came through on holiday too :D and bless him sitting up it still only seems like yesterday when he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back