LittleLady87's quitting smoking Diary!

Melly+2

Reaction score
Ok, im going to have to try and cut down first as im having a hard time just giving up at one, how much of a failure am i :cry: I am trying so hard, ive had one today, but to say i narmally some quite a few thats good for me, im gwtting my dad to help me, i feel like im letting everyone down big time

ooh good luck - nat went onto gum for a couple of weeks and then just went cold turkey and he's been smoke free since last march and hasn't been tempted since :)

you can do it xx

Hi

Good luck hun you can do it were here for you !! :clap:

Good luck hun! You will feel amazing when it's all out of your system :hug:

Thanks ladies, i think im going to get an inhaler thing because i ended up caving in last night as i was just shaking and couldnt sleep, i feel aweful but none today so far. Im usually ok in the days its at nights i start getting cravings, gonna see if i can get a inhaler today because i dont want to cave in. PLus i dont wana get lollys because in on my diet again and dont wana mess it up, thanks for all your kind words, im determined to do this!!! :D

oo good luck hun i quit about 5 months ago best thing i ever did :)
try nibbling on apples if you like them its healthy and dont cost the earth :)
manda xx

Good luck!!! I went cold turkey a year ago just before i found out i was pregnant, was one of the best decisions i've ever made.. i feel healthier, save money and don't stink! :)

some one please tell me this gets easier, im wanting a ciggy sooooo badly, i keep thinking to myself if i have one its better then having a load, omg some one help me :wall:

Don't do it!!! Lol! When i felt like that i just thought how disappointed in myself i'd be if i gave in and had one, and how all the people who told me i couldn't do it would have been right! I also used to brush my teeth whenever i felt like having a fag, dunno why but it helped :?

Im sat here cry, i cant believe how ard this is, im an emotional wreck :cry:

Awww :hug: It does get easier! The first 3 or 4 days are the worst, after that it gets alot better!

Thankyou, i never found it this hard when i quit qhen i found out i was pg, i have had bout 3 hours sleep all night, im starting to think just going from 10-15 to 0 with out any help isnt my best option. I keep thinking should i quit gradually with my dads, help as hes a qualified counciler for quitting smoking, im not going ton be able to do this on my own,i never knew i was this addicted :?

gradually is allways the best way for giving up an addiction. if u just stop it shooks ur body and brain and it goes into over drive making you feel like you need it more then u actually do... dont set times to have a fag just set an amount u can have a day and only have one when you really need it and as you start to give your body less it will ask for less then you can cut down again.. giving up anything your addicted to takes time and unless your the most will powered person it cant be done straight away... keep yourself more occupied and try and cut out things that make you then crave a fag :D

hope it goes well for you and stay on track dont give up its for the best :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hate to say it but cutting down gradually doesnt work when it comes to fags :( Even if you cut down to just one a day you are still allowing your body to have the nicotine daily and will suffer the withdrawal pang every day whilst you still allow yourself that one cig. As soon as you have finished that fag your body starts to crave the nicotine again and will until you have your next one. Read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I tried absolutely everything to quit smoking and it took me years. Eventually I read this book and havent smoked since (or craved a fag!) Its been 2 years since I last smoked :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back