Started Cutting Down Before Quitting - Smoking

Wobbles

Reaction score
So after my quit thread I thought I would create a new one as people are using the thread for quitting 100% where as I've decided to cut down first.

I can smoke around 30 a day now instead of the once 5 a day which I managed to cut down to once before ....The mornings are my weakest so I plodded along this morning and around 10.30am I decided to put 10 cigarettes in a packet ...between the time I'd done this and when I go to bed later I'd have easily smoked 20+ ....

4pm - I've smoked 4! :dance:

That's brilliant to go from that to only 4 so far today!! Well done! You'll have stopped in no time!
I know how hard it is hun :hugs:

4 is very good :yay:

I done that one time when I was working and got myself to 5 a day :D

I'm quit nearly 9 years now :D

:yay: that's well good! I was only wondering earlier how you were getting on! Sounds like you're doing fab :yay:

Have to admit I have a patch on too to kill my craving but my mental side is wanting to go out, I also bought those nicoerette inhalators - don't worry I'm not fuzzy on nicotine lol You are suppose to use 6-12 a day I've still got 1 ...I found I hold it without thinking (have it at my computer) and now and then put it in my mouth once.

Heres my aim:
Week 1: Patches for 7 days with an aim of 10 a day (instead of 20-30) with the hand inhalator as I've done today (1 cartridge ...2 if needs) for the habit of something in my hand when I want one but don't go for one.
Week 2: No patches with an aim again of 10 a day and more cartridges as recommended (if I need to as I won't have patches to kill the nicotine craving)
Week 3+: I'm staying open to what I'm doing tbh ...

5 now 5 left of my aim of 10!

thats a well good plan! are the inhalators good? i've been considering trying them cos i've had a rough few days! have been right on the verge of going out and buying fags, but somehow, god knows how, i've managed not to!

They get to your throat a bit probably why I've just cured the habit of having something in my hand more than anything but I have taken slow puffs of it x

Does SC smoke hunny? How many have you had now? I'm very chuffed for you!

I just thought when I said about holding the inhalator at my computer it looks like I smoke indoors, I don't we stopped smoking inside before we even had kids.

He smoked as many as me, 30-40 a day but he smoked loads in the evenings, never touched a cigarette until late afternoon onwards unlike others who love their morning smoke ...one day he just stopped, now he social smokes (having a drink, out and about, etc) ...now & then he will have one in the evening with me but it's rare.

I have 3 left of the 10 since 10.30am

x

I just thought, it'll be easier if you don't have someone else around that smokes!
I found it harder because OH smokes, still does. :s My morning sickness this time fixed me though! Otherwise I dunno how I would have managed, I was struggling.

So you've only had 7?!? Well done Wobbles!!!! :D :dance:

Yer, 7 hun :yay:

He hates me smoking day in day out. He said if I quit (excluding social smoking if I can handle it) he will give me some pennies for the January sales haha! I'm hoping I get further with this but tbh if I get to January smoking 10 instead of 30 I won't feel I failed, my aim is 0 though so I hope by then I have done it.

x

Eeek Christmas is always a toughie though.
Still, you've got a good incentive!!! :rofl:

Yer lol I've been banging on about a good girly shopping trip :lol:

I've just had fag 8 and it tasted yukky :|

I gave up in the month of Novemeber, 6 weeks before Xmas/new year as I figured I started every year at New year and failed so this time I'd have 6 weeks done by then and it worked :D

I failed on the weekend, I knew I would ...it's my escape when the girls want to fight with each other over 1/100 toys! THEN ...I lost my inhaler thing so I had to buy a mini pack!

Back to it today, not had one since 9.30 so an hour half!

Thanks hun :hugs:

Doing ok between an hour and nearly 2 hours atm. Ill push myself more tomorrow. Im trying to get up until about 5 atm :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back