Finally Quitting Smoking

x kylie x

Reaction score
Hey Girls x

I have been awful with smoking since i was really young like 14 :(

I have found it really really hard to stop even with all the guilty feelings :(

Well today ive been to see a stop smoking nurse and been prescribed some Patches and an inhailer type thing so im currently 5 hours without a fag and going mental :(

Is anyone else currently stopping? xx

Just think of the positives hun, you will have more money to buy baby things and you won't stink. I can quit on and off my partner hates me because of it. I quit with Leo and then started again about 3/4 weeks after he was born than quit again with this one.

I do enjoy being smoke free it leaves me feeling better about myself. Also the smell is disgusting that my partner drifts in after he's been outside also he smokes weed so that smells even worse. Makes me feel sick and gives me a tummy ache :(

Just think of the positives hun, you will have more money to buy baby things and you won't stink. I can quit on and off my partner hates me because of it. I quit with Leo and then started again about 3/4 weeks after he was born than quit again with this one.

I do enjoy being smoke free it leaves me feeling better about myself. Also the smell is disgusting that my partner drifts in after he's been outside also he smokes weed so that smells even worse. Makes me feel sick and gives me a tummy ache :(

Very true hun :) i keep trying to look at my scan picture and tell myself its not fair on my baby xx

Wow thats amazing wish i could do that lol! :)

Yeh i cant stand the smell :( when ive been trying to cut down and my partner comes back in from smoking it abserloutly stinks it makes me heave i cant stand to even hug him xx

I cant wait to start buying baby things just darent do it yet lol xx

You haven't got long til your 12 week scan, then you could buy something small. I started with a little teddy for him once he was born. Like the ones we had as kids with us on our first picture (I still have my bunnie) hehe x

The positives of quitting far outweigh the negatives, ur baby doesn't deserve to have all those toxic chemicals put into its wee body, that goes for smoking around a baby after its born too.

It disgusts me when I see pregnant women smoking, I seriously wana slap them!

Smoking itself disgusts me anyway, but to smoke while pregnant, to me, is just unforgivable. Its so well known how harmful cigarettes are, so why a person would want to subject their baby to that shite is beyond me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yep.. currently 32 hours without a cig! :)

Feeling ill with it though have a few mouth ulcers and feeling dizzy but on a good note my hunger seems to have increased :)

Well actually same as my smoking nurse told me more needs to be done to show pregnant women the dangers as im sure everyone knows its bad for you to smoke but i diddnt know half of it untill i read the information she gave me.. i wish i had been gave that at my first midwife appointment x

It took around 3 weeks from going to my doctors for me to have seen the smoking nurse but during them 3 weeks i cut down my cigarettes by atleast half :) My carbon monoxide reading was only 10.. 0-6 means non smoker 6-10 means very light smoker and 11+ is bad so i have been gave the weak nicotine replacements although it is still very very hard :(

I guess most ladys dont stop because they cant see the actual harm they are causing more needs to be done to promote how dangerous it is x

It is such an addiction though if you have never smoked its hard to even explain it but im sure ill keep it up :)

2 bed times without a cig now and atleast i know my baby is happy about it :) x

Keep it up! It'll be worth it in the end :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ive now gone over a week without smoking :D so if i can do it all of you can so give it a go if your reading this and still smoking :)

thats brilliant hun!! i quit on saturday!!! you should be so blooming proud of yourself!! x

thats brilliant hun!! i quit on saturday!!! you should be so blooming proud of yourself!! x

Aww thank you hun :D

Eeeeek how is it going hun? you are past the hardest part now :):) congrats :D i am 100% sure u will keep it up now :) xx

I stopped on new years day, the day after i found out i was pregnant. I have smoked for 21 years nearly so it was a shock to the system but worth it, everytime i get the urge i think of the harm it does to the little one and that soon changes my mind again x

I stopped 9 months ago !!

Sadly my pregnacy didn't last BUT I never went back to the dreaded fags - not even after 2 more miscarriages... I smoked for 15 years :shock:

Keep it up hun

xxxxxxxxxxxx

it is really hard to quit. it is not just in overnight process. but if you are really motivated to quit, you can do it.
i guess it is all the mind.hehe..
good luck to you. :)

I have now been quit smoking for over 2 months :) I am actually proud of myself for once in my life :D I know baby is growing healthy too ( just been for my 20 week scan) so i am so happy that i quit and have gave my little boy the best start in life :)

Thanks for all your messages girls x

Hey Girls x

I have been awful with smoking since i was really young like 14 :(

I have found it really really hard to stop even with all the guilty feelings :(

Well today ive been to see a stop smoking nurse and been prescribed some Patches and an inhailer type thing so im currently 5 hours without a fag and going mental :(

Is anyone else currently stopping? xx

i am hun ben quitting for a week now, but my method is easy i have tryed everything before including will power and none of it worked out, I am now reading a book by someone called alan Carr not the gay guy its called 'quit smoking permently book' there is also one for women but this book is that good by the time you get to chapter 39 your a none smoker works 96% of the time. it cost me 1p from amazon try it x

Well done for having the will power to quit smoking. Hopefully you won't go back to it once baby is her. I think a lot of people forget that even when they start smoking again after pregnancy baby still inhales fumes through passive smoking whether it be from off your clothes or from a different room. All the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back