LittleLady87's quitting smoking Diary!

I agree with Snuggle.................also I've read Alan Carr too, he is sooooooooooooooo right!!
Anyhoo, I quit cold turkey when pregnant. My OH has been trying to quit since I found out I was expecting. He cut down, went to no smoking clinics, patches, gum everything. Nothing worked until he quit cold trukey on new years eve. Its been nearly 8 weeks now and hes still going!
The first 2 weeks are the worst but if you can get through them your cravings really will start to go. If you can, get Alan Carrs book.............he really does talk sense and you start to look at smoking in a different way. Also you don't have to quit until you have finished the book :)
Good luck hun :hug:

I agree, with cigs cold turkey is best. I smoked for 8 years but quit in Nov 2005. If I can do it you can! I wanted to stop and spent one evening smoking nonstop, had no food, and was just so sick and ill at the thought of them I didn't want one the next day! I just stayed away since.

You can do it!

thankou ladies, im now down to 2 a day, i know its not brilliant but from 15 to 2 is an acheive ment for me, i was finding cold turkey soooooo hard, i think i have lac\k of will power but i will get there, surley onlt 2 cigs compared to 15 is better for my bady. Im gonna get some patches 9or something, saying that i think my diet is helping as ive lost half a stone and it takes my mind off smoking, i hope you lot dont feel ive let you down i am trying sooooo hard :cry:

I'm sure no one feels like you have let them down hun :hug:
Smoking is one of the hardest things to quit.............and I should know I've done it and it was so hard. I remember thinking that if I wasn't pregnant there was no way I would quit!

I was just trying to offer you some advice, first hand from someone who quit cold turkey and whose partner cut down/patches etc at the same time. It took my OH 18 months and then he had to quit cold turkey anyway. It was not meant to belittle your efforts in anyway :hug: :hug: You have done so well to go from 15 to 2 a day :cheer:

If you can you really should give Allen Carr ago. He advises cold turkey as the only way to quit (he lists the reasons why too) and he has helped millions worldwide. The best thing is you can still smoke while you read the book :cheer: and by the time you finish you actually don't want to smoke anymore! If you do want to try it you can borrow my copy if you like, just PM your address :D

Good luck though hun :hug: all you can do is keep trying and don't give up, giving up! :cheer:

I agree with Misslarue, I wasnt trying to belittle your efforts as it is really hard to stop smoking. This is my opinion only but patches etc just dont work. They are still putting nicotine into your body and that is what you are trying to stop craving. I really recommend the Allen Carr book hun, honestly, I tried EVERYTHING! This was the only thing that worked. I can honestly say I tried quitting about 50 times before someone recommended the book to me.
Be proud of yourself, its a difficult thing you are doing but the rewards are fantastic when you no longer have that horrible feeling in your stomach that has to have a fag :wink:

Littlelady87 said:
thankou ladies, im now down to 2 a day, i know its not brilliant but from 15 to 2 is an acheive ment for me, i was finding cold turkey soooooo hard, i think i have lac\k of will power but i will get there, surley onlt 2 cigs compared to 15 is better for my bady. Im gonna get some patches 9or something, saying that i think my diet is helping as ive lost half a stone and it takes my mind off smoking, i hope you lot dont feel ive let you down i am trying sooooo hard :cry:

I went cold turkey. I was lucky because I found out I was pg about 2 weeks after I quit. You are right, of course 2 cigs is better than 15 but if you want to be fag free you got to stop altogether. I found the first 2 weeks tough, the cravings are horrible but I sipped water, brushed my teeth, anything till the craving passed. Honestly the horrible bit doesn't last long and its well worth going through. No pain no gain as they say! Keep trying hun, you'll get there in your own time. Better to take a while and quit for good than rush into it and fail because you weren't ready. I honestly don't know if I would have lasted not smoking if I hadnt found out I was pg so I would never preach to anyone about giving up, although I do think smoking in pregnancy is unacceptable.

Anyway don't be downhearted, from 15 to 2 fags a day is great :cheer:

ooh sorry :( i dont smoke so i spose i dunno wat im talking about lol just thought i wud try hellp a bit :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back