Little Diva is driving me crazy!!!

skatty

Reaction score
I don't know what's up! She has had a cold for about 2 weeks with a terrible cough but the last few days she wont let me put her down and she wont nap! She keeps squealing for me in a really high pitched tone and if I don't attend to her immediately her bottom lip comes out and she has a meltdown! She is getting so overtired from not napping. She is dribbling and biting her fist a lot so teething is a possibility but she is also eating more frequently so possible growth spurt? Once she settles at night she does sleep through but I can't do anything! I keep her in the sling but it still stops me from doing stuff. She is on my lap as we speak, nearly asleep, the only place she wants to be right now or with her Dad but he's at work until 11pm!

Anyway what are your thoughts? Teething, cold, growth spurt or just living up to her name and is enjoying the game? She does smile as soon as I pick her up :wall: :lol:

id say she is teethin Katt, Jamie was like that and it was only me who could soothe him otherwise his big fat bottom lip that he got from me would wobble and he would howl!!

have u tried her with a cold teething ring? she could just want some pain relief to settle but she does sound very overtired!! or calgel, that might numb her gums enough to let her nap but then she will wake up with pains in her gums when its worn off?

o dear, poor mummy - no rest for the wicked eh!! :hug:

Thanks Kay! I absolutely forgot that I have a tube of calgel that my mum bought over! She just fell fast asleep on me so I've put her in her pram, I'm expecting her to wake up sceaming when she realises I am not with her :wall:

I don't mind as long as there is a reason and her whole routine isn't out the window forever!

Can you believe she is back on my lap already :wall:

she knows what she wants doesnt she lol!
teething throws the whole routine out of the window trust me but when she starts to understand that the calgel is helpin her then she will b better!

i imagine she will b havin a growth spurt too, have u measured and weighed her?

No its been ages since I saw the HV, she comes again the second week in Feb. Martin (DH) weighed her at the post office in her carseat and then just weighed the carseat and she appears to be around 12lb! She was only 6lb when born so she's really caught up! I can tell by her clothes she is growing fast, she's getting so long!

Poor Leorah and mommy!!! :cry:
I also think it could be a combo of teething and growth spurt, Otis went through the same a couple of weeks ago. Re the teething according to my HV, it's probably the teeth aligning themselves under the gums which causes them a lot of pain, as their still quite young to be cutting their first teeth as yet. With Otis I noticed he did have a slight temp (just for the one day mi thinks!) and just generally didn't want to be put down he would also wake a lot more during the night and be crying almost inconsolably!!! :cry: I gave him calpol when he seemed most upset and in pain as well as a bit of bonjela (you should have seen his face, one of utter disgust!!!!).
Also the HV did say it could make them more snotty as well - which he was and advised I put him at an angle in bed to help drain the fluid for the back of his throat, so I double a large towel and put it under his matrass (it's still there now!!) think it did the trick?!!
Awww well hope little madam gets better soon!!! :hug:

Hi, just a quickie, you are right she's teething. I put calgel on her gums and she flinched and I could feel little bumps on the bottom, poor baby :(

Awww poor Leorah Katt. Hope the gel helps her.

Gabriella is going through exactly the same, It is very tiring. DH has just taken her out for a walk so I am having 10 minutes to myself!

Daggers; I heard the same thing; re the teeth lining up; poor babies.

Hope you settles back into her routine :hug:

Its hard isn't it Tina :roll:

I gave Leorah half and ashtons powder and a half dose of calpol. She's such a little junkie, she was grinning as I dabbed the powder on her tongue and she gets really excited when I give her medicine and can't get enough :lol: It did the job, she had a 45 min power nap on me and is now giggling on my bed. I just hope it lasts!

Tina I will email you back properly but Marin had been at work non stop so I only get snatched minutes on the computer, you know how it is!

Daggers I want to tilt Leorah's matress but she has a sensor pad in case she stops breathing and I'm worried it will keep going off, i will have such a panic!

Uh oh, the giggles are turning into little shrieks :twisted:

jacks going through the same sorta thing but not sure what it is, hes only 11 weeks so is it to soon for it to be teeth? routine has gone right out of the window! he has decided 4:30pm is bedtime and then wakes at 2:30am thinking its morning!! hes being so wingy, i cant put him down and hes having very short catnaps during the day where as he used to sleep for about 1 1/2 at a time! any advice??

Kelly, all babies are different, so never say never on the teeth front!

Could it be colic? Infacol worked a treat for me when Gabriella had this.

It's so frustrating isn't it? It could be so many things. Hope little Jack settles soon.

Katt; I have also been using ashton & parsons and medised; seems to do the trick.......

Let's hope our little divas settle soon; hmmm....

:hug: :hug:

:lol: I have so much to look forward too.

I hope the little diva feels her good old self soon :hug:

Yes Tasha you can look forward to your little princess starting to call the shots very soon :lol:

Tina the medised is like magic medicine isn't it? It works so quickly phew! She is now asleep...for the night I hope :pray:

Kelly, it could be his teeth or it could also be a growth spurt, babies have a major one around 3 months and Leorah had hers a bit earlier than that and it seemed to last over a week :shock: The good thing is it all goes back to normal so quickly and if anything they sleep a bit more just after the spurt so here's another little prayer for you :pray:

Here's hoping all the babies sleep well tonight and let us mummas get some energy as tomorrow is another day with our little angels :angel:

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

How's Leorah been Katt??

Gabriella has been a nightmare at night; she doesn't sleep much past 4 hours at the moment; I am so tired :sleep:
She is rubbing away at her face whenever I go into her; so it s a mixture between her eczema and sore gums.

I am worried that she is not getting enough milk as well; she only weighed 12lb when I got her weighed on Tuesday (only a 2 and a half 0z gain) and I have to take her back next week but she did have a bad week with her injections and then me getting mastitis.

She seems a lot happier in herself today, so fingers crossed :pray:

We tried her in a door bouncer yesterday and she absolutely loved it; she was squealing away.

Anyway enough of me rambling on, hope everyone is well :hug:

aww you poor girls :hug:
i am in exactly the same boat, Louie has had a cold since saturday & a bit of a cough, he is so whingey, just don't know what to do with him.
habe tried him with some rusk & milk today coz i don't know if hes ready to start solids & thats whats making him worse :think:
he never seems to be content anymore & the only way to get him to sleep is in the car, pram or to fall asslepp on the bottle.
no good if hes not hungry or its p'ing with rain (which it normally is :lol: )

finding it really tough this week, hes been awake since 5 am & came into our bed this morning, he slept in his gro bag for the frist time last night coz i think he gats cold in the night, he also hates being wrapped up in a blanket, so i tried the gro bag.

where has my content happy baby gone? :think:

Tina I wouldn't worry to much but the weight problem, Otis was weighed yesterday and I'm pleased to say finally is approaching the 14lbs (13lbs 14.5oz), I really wanted him to be double his birth weight by 6months and he was taking forever to get there - some wks he would only have put on a couple of oz's!!!!
I can imagine this weather was be playing havoc with Gabriella's skin, as Otis's skin been a bit drier lately because of the cold - Poor Gabriella I hope she's better soon, the summer will be more favourable for her.
And Skatty how is your little diva doing today???

Hello you mums of the fussy baby club :lol:

Tina, I feel so bad for you, it must be so hard having to cope with Gabriella's eczema on top of all the usual baby stuff. You must be so tired. Don't worry about her weight, I was told that when a baby is ill and desn't eat much they make up for it when they feel better again, just like we do :hug:

Welcome to the club Foxy, its a hard time at the mo' isn't it? Leorah's cough is so bad, people keep asking me if she's seen a doctor like I'd just neglect my baby being ill, its infuriating me :evil: Leorah will only nap on my lap at the moment so I feel your frustration.

Today Leorah is the same but has red cheeks and mega drool! One minute she will be smiling and the next incosoleable. I am so lucky Martin is off for 2 days now as I haven't done any work this week at all because she hasn't napped for longer than 30 mins unless she is on me. She keeps grabbing my hands and putting them in her mouth so I a constantly washing them! I was lucky she was quite calm yesterday evening as she was exhausted and fell asleep about 9am and we got up at 6am (2 hours early) we then cuddled up on the settee and had an hour sleep together. She's also pooing loads and its very liquid. I hate that I can't take her pain away :(

Daggers how much did Otis weigh at birth? I think small babies double theirweight quicker as they are catching up :)

Oh dear Skatty definately sounds like your little diva has a case of the old teething!!! Fortunately if I remember correctly it only last about 3 or 4 days with Oats before he started getting back to his normal self.
Otis was 7lbs 1oz when he was born, looking at some of the other baba's on here them all seemed to have doubled their weight so much quicker :roll: ! But we're getting there, tried feeding him some sweet potatoe yesterday but he wasn't interested - think it was the timing so may try again today.
Hope you a diva baby have a more chilled day today! :hug:

Daggers I reckon Otis is doing just fine, he seems very happy on his breastmilk and is thriving so don't worry about him doubling his weight. I read only the other day that a babies weight can stabilize for a few weeks and then they can have a big spurt, it all works out in the end :hug:

How has the BLW been going? I really don't think Leorah is ready yet. She takes great interest in me pumping but none in me eating :lol: I thought I'd try cup feeding her the other day and gave her some cool boiled water. She lapped a few drops up like a cat and then sicked it up! I guess I should have waited until longer after feeding her. I haven't tried again as she has been teethng and grumpy but next time I'll feed her EBM.

She has perked up a bit this afternoon. She actually sat in her bouncer while we ate dinner and then giggled as Matin flew her around the room. Obviously he has her this evening after working her up into a frenzy, I am sure she will have an overstimulated melt down at some point! Its funny, when its just the two of us we have no tantrums and she is asleep by 9.30pm at the latest but its a different story when her dad is home revving her up! It all ends in tears and a late bedtime :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back