Lily Roisin birth story included now :)

tinytoes

Reaction score
My beautiful girl was born Thursday morning after a very quick delievery and labour will update with birth story tomorrow as I am shattered x

Right so while my girls are sleeping (my girls eeeek two girls :shock:)I'll update . On Wednesday I went in for a check up as I was four days overdue , internal showed womb was soft but cervix was closed and far bar . I was having some ain but not enough was booked in for Monday to be checked again . So I came home made a nice korma for dinner , had a hot lavender bath and relaxed .

About nine I started having to breathe through pain a bit and it was noticeable so I brought my birthing ball upstairs and started bouncing a bit , by 11 I decided the pains seemed worth maybe timing for a while (should have slept for a bit) they were 4/5 mins apart but only lasting 40/50 seconds . I started to loose a lot of mucous though and my back was hurting . I told my OH I though he should go get a few hours sleep as I imagined by Thursday night I would be in labour. We were in bed ten minutes when I jumped up , the pain was really intense when I lay down so I kept myself busy until three in the morning timing pains , washing clothes bouncing on my ball and breathing . Pains got intense at half three so I had another bath and started throwing up.
Called my oh at four as the pain was properly making me moan out loud and there was a horrible backache they were still 5 mins apart but a min long .
On the way into hospital I was in tears and howling with each contraction as I had to sit and it made it even worse I needed to walk around . Assessment unit told me I was 1/2 cms and put me on a trace spent that whole time on the trace throwing up and crying saying I needed to walk .

So I was given pethadine and a birthing ball and left alone for a while . This was a seven in the morning . I was examined again at half eight as I was getting upset again and complaining about pressure I was 3cms and was taken to delievery . Needed to go on a trace again (I actually gave the mw a filthy look and started to cry at this) so I was given gas and air , which helped for a bit. By 7.30 I was pretty worked up and was at 9 cms , they moved me to a private room really quickly and started getting me ready , obviously no time for an epi which really made me grumpy :( . Got to the room and needed to push as soon as we got the bed settled . Several minutes of me pushing , yelling and being told to shut up and push by the mw and lilly was born by eight in the morning . I had her straight up on my chest , we had lovely skin on skin for two hours and then I was moved onto the ward for some sleep . All in all very easy and quick , I have some minor grazes but other than that i feel fantastic . Lily is having some feeding issues right now but we're home and getting sorted :) she was eight pound 3 ounces
283302_10150256085751501_512251500_8003132_4050621_n.jpg

285130_10150256085581501_512251500_8003128_953358_n.jpg

285572_10150256085981501_512251500_8003137_4744162_n.jpg

Last edited:
congratulations!!

Looking forward to hearing your story and hope you are both well!

xx

Congratulations xx

Was there a labour watch?!?

Really fast! Congrats :)

Lxx

Well done. What a beautiful baby, and I'm so happy that you are recovering well from the birth, congratulations xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back