Lily Jane White - 03/10/10

Jellyboobs

Reaction score
Hey everyone!​

Managed to grab myself a spare few minutes so I thought I'd share the birth of my baby girl, Lily Jane, with you all.​

Woke up around 4:30am on October 3rd with niggles in my belly and after a trip to the loo, from which I lost my plug, I started to get excited at the prospect of labour finally beginning! I didn't want to get my hopes up too much though so waited an hour or two to see if they continued, which they did, and then woke the OH up (who mumbled something about javelins at first, he was half alseep, bless him!). We phoned the midwife for advice on what to do next and she said to phone back when contractions were around a minute long, every four minutes.​

This happened pretty quickly and by 7:O0am, me, my OH and Mum were pulling up at the hospital and making our way to the labour ward. The pains were still quite bareable at this time and I when I was checked over by the midwife I was surprised to find I was already 4cm dilated. As I was GBS+, I was given the antibiotics I needed and once they'd ran through, the midwifes looking after me suggested I use the birthing pool. I'd never really considered one beforehand, I always thought they'd be really hard to get coz lots of other people would be using them, but the ward was empty. Best decision ever though to get in, had a good 2 hours just floating about and I couldn't feel any pain whatsoever!​

I was checked over again once I was out and was now 5cm dilated and although the pains were stronger, I was still coping without any pain relief. With no progress for a while, they decided it was time to pop my waters for me and oh my days, I didn't even think it was possible for that much to have been inside me! Hahaha! The bed was soaked and the floor was soaked!​

I asked for an epidural not soon after, I could still cope with the pain but they were gradually getting stronger and I thought I'd get the pain relief sooner rather than later so it was ready and had kicked in before it got unbareable. I wasn't pleased though as it didn't work!​

I demanded gas and air not too long after. The only reason they hadn't let me have it earlier on was because I'd had a few breathing problems throughout my pregnancy and they thought it might aggravate me and it was kinda a last resort. I started the gas and air and eep, woman don't lie when they say its good stuff, do they? :lol: They checked me again about half an hour later and I was fully dilated! Wahey!​

This was about 6pm and we all thought I'd have ababy by 7pm but nope, LO was being stubborn, she didn't wanna budge. I can't really remember much after that, the gas and air had sent me loopy. My Mum said I kept asking for a sausage sandwich with loads of brown sauce on :lol: The next few hours blurred by and the next thing I knew it was 9pm and still no baby!​

Doc came in soon after and they had to take the gas and air off me just so I could talk to him. He said LO's head wasn't where it should be and that he thought her arm was in the way of her exit so he was gonna use forceps to get her out. I kinda freaked out when I saw what he was gonna use :lol: Time for me to push though but I didn't have any urges to push and it was pretty numb down there so it was really difficult. I completley gave up at one point, the pain was too much and I was so tired but they said they'd have to take me for a c section if I didn't start pushing, so that was enough to get going again.​

Twenty minutes of pushing later and Lily Jane White was born at 9:39pm by forceps, weighing 8lbs 12oz and was perfectly healthy. I don't think I've ever been happier in my whole life when she was handed to me.​

I spent two days in hospital and brought her home on the 5th and she's settled in so well. I still can't believe she's here, she's so perfect and I never thought I'd love anyone soooooo much!​

65654_159840030701197_100000256037273_445707_7112386_n.jpgp.

40729_1560565566802_1015175651_1566654_4989979_n.jpg

64796_159840050701195_100000256037273_445708_2041694_n.jpg

Awe she is beautiful - your a wry lucky lady hope my labour starts soon hehe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww she's beautiful! Well done and congrats :)

X x x x

she is gorgeous, well done babes xxx

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!

aww she's beautiful, what big eyes she has! really suits pink. you must be so proud, congrats hun xxxx

ahh well done! congratulations on your little girl, she certainly does suit pink!! x

Awww congratulations, shes gorgeous!! xxx

well done you did ever so well i could just imagine about the forceps i nearly had to have that luckily i didnt they tried the vontouse instead an that helped with mine. cant believe that the epi didnt work for you :( but u have a lovely little girl there an shes beautiful. congrats huni xx

Congratulations!

Our LOs have the same birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back