Life on hold for TTC!?

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi girls,

just wondering if anyone else has done this? every year at this time of year me and OH start thinking about a holiday. we usually go in either april or september (last year we went to antigua, lush!) anyhoo, this year i've not mentioned it to him as i dont want to book anything in case im preggers :blush: and obviously dont have a clue how many months etc i might be.

has anyone else thought about this? i really need a holiday and love having one booked so that i have something to look forward to :lolly:

xx

I say GO FOR IT :yay: as you can still travel whilst pregnant my darling & we all deserve some sunshine & relaxation :)

xxx

Me and Oh dont go abroad every year and are not planning on going this year but not because of TTC, i would go for it and book hun, I think you can still fly while pregnant up till third TRI plus if you are pregnant before hol time then it will be great relaxation before babys arrival! :)

Hey i second that lol.

Defo go for it because if i had the chance to go on holiday i would jump to the chance lol. :) Amy xx

Yeh I'd defo go for it. If you are pregnant it'll be ok - why not book for April? Even if you are pregnant then you'll only be very early on x

I havent had a honeymoon incase i was pregnant, got married dec 2009 lol had the money and now we dont so we wont be having one for a while!

Book it, once you have kids holidays are for them, not you! Enjoy it while you can xxx

Hey hun, were planning our holiday tonight as it happens as I desperately need one. Im not one for sun and love my pale skin but Im craving a holiday with my OH, sun, sand, sea, cocktails and a good book under a sunshade with lots of sightseeing. if Im pregnant by then, im pregnant, so be it. x

Yeh go for it i would, were hoping to go whenever we can afford it might not get the chance later on in the year x

My worry is that iv m/c before and I'm at high risk of m/c anyway so I'm worried the holiday could fall in the first 3 months :( I'd hate to be abroad and m/c xx

my aunt had a mc while in spain, hers started the day before she flew back with spotting so as soon as she touched down she went to the nearest hospital. the dr told her that there isnt much more of an increased risk before the 2nd trimester. I really wouldnt worry too much. look at all og these people that dont even realise they are pregnant for months ( my mum was 24 weeks when she found out about my sis, she was 42 and thought it was 'the change'). Book it and HAVE FUN!

:) OH and I decided to book two weeks off in June and find a last minute deal somewhere if I wasn't pg.
However the chance to do some voluntary work in Uganda came up at exactly the time we had booked off and OH really wants to do it. I want too as well but neither of us feel at peace about me going and we don't want to stop ttc.
I will be sad if i'm not pg by then, so I guess, yeah I am putting my life on hold somewhat. It's not easy deciding what's right, but you could book a last minute thing.
xxx

Same here, I love my yearly holidays and this year I have nothing booked and won't be booking anything because I'm hoping to be pregnant and not got a clue how far along I may be.
We now also don't know what we're doing about our honeymoon and won't know until later in the year ahh well will all be worth it i'm sure :)

Positivity, life happens and you can't control it...

You can go and have a fab time. Some RnR and you'll feel ready to take on anything!

Even if your worst nightmare comes true - home is only a flight away :)

You don't have to go to the other side of the world either, Europe has more to offer than Ibiza and Magaluf ;)

Last edited:
yeah, i agree, thanks ladies. it will have to be a lastminute.com literally! louise you are right, we are actually going to italy this year so not too far away. also if still not preggers i could time it for ov!? last time i fell preggers i was in cyprus :)
xx

There u go u see, maybe the relaxation of hols will actually help
Your ttc!! :yay: xx

hi girls,

just wondering if anyone else has done this? every year at this time of year me and OH start thinking about a holiday. we usually go in either april or september (last year we went to antigua, lush!) anyhoo, this year i've not mentioned it to him as i dont want to book anything in case im preggers :blush: and obviously dont have a clue how many months etc i might be.

has anyone else thought about this? i really need a holiday and love having one booked so that i have something to look forward to :lolly:

xx

Hi!

I thought like that in the beginning of my ttc but now we make plans as never before. When I get pregnant Im sure we will find a way out of it! Untill than, we're just going to enjoy life!!:)

xx

I say book it hunny, even if you are pregnant you can still travel. The relaxation will do you good :)
The day i first thought i got my bfp we booked to go back to crete, ill be just over 20 weeks :fx: and im so looking forward to kicking my feet back and relaxing.

Do it hunny, you would be mad not to :) x x

Hi Hun,

I'd suggest booking a short haul for this year or maybe book something in for the end of march and have a month off ttc in march, although I have to say in Mexico there were about ten pregnant girls! So they must have flown, I need a big glass of wine to fly so I wouldn't bother with long haul but I'm already booked in to go to Ibiza(Louise b, have you actually been??):nerner: south of France on a boat which will be great with morning sickness I'm sure, and Marbella with the girls so I guess my life isn't exactly on hold but i wouldn't fly long haul now I don't think...

If you go to Antigua again then coco bay is lovely!

Xx

We have booked to go away in may (for my birthday) but decided to just go to tenerife! didnt want to go anywere dodgy so we booked a really nice 5* hotel but only going for 4 nights as this is all hubbie could ge off work!! The only thing was we werent going to go all inclusive as hope I wont be drinking but it only cost an extra £3 to do it so thought it was worthwile even if im on softies!!
Thought then it is ok if i am pregnant and if not it is a nice break as has a lovely spa which will be gutted if I cant use but would be more than happy not to use if im pregnant!!
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back