Lentil Soup :)

Rachey

Reaction score
hellooo!

any cooks around? :lol:

stupid question, but how do i make lentil soup?! lol! im soo used to my mum making everything, and since ive moved out im totally useless! im desperate for a big bowl of homemade lentil soup :)

i google'd it but each recipe i read had different ingrediants etc and some said to use bay leaves? i hadn't heard of that before!

thankyou!! xxxxx

Hi,

I have a recipe for lentil & bacon soup.

I just fry some onion and bacon then add 2 pints pork or ham stock, then add lentils, I usually add approx 250g I also add some diced potato to add a bit of texture and some grated carrot for colour, I usually simmer for about 30-45 mins. You might have to add more water depending on how much lentils you have added.

Hope this helps :)

Eileen x

thanks eileen, i went and got some things today and i got everything you said apart from the bacon! will ask OH to pop pot for some later and give it a wee go :) thankyou! i cant wait lol xxx

I looove lentil soup.. I use 1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2-3 peppers, half a glass of red lentils.. boil them all together until all is cooked inside. Blend with a hand blender, than add salt pepper and put on low to simmer. In a separate pan melt some butter and while still boiling add tomato puree and if you have pepper puree. Add a little cumin, chilli flakes and then mix all in with the soup. Continue to simmer for another 10 mins.

The easiet soup ever to make and my favourite by far :D

Mmmm lentil and carrot soup carrots potatoes onions and blend then add the lentils cook for another 20 mins non nom x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMMMMMM all this is making me sooo hungry!! lol they all sound great, will give them a go :p xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back