Leg Shaving?

BubbleOne

Reaction score
This probably sounds like a 'pregnancy brain' question but how are you guys shaving your legs?
I can't bend foward enough to do it in the bath or shower so today I am going to try sitting on the sofa with feet in my washing up bowl full of water!! See if I find it easier to bend foward that way!!
Any other suggestions or methods?
As for the up keep of my private area!! It's not happening at the moment :oops:

I stand in the shower and put my leg up on the bath or wall so that i can reach them, seems to be working ok at the mo.

as for the "other" area, i just feel my way, i cant see it atall anymore lol

I have a confession, I haven't shaved mine since about August :oops:

Luckily I am blonde and you can't really see them..... :lol:

i'm lucky and found that my hair on my leg's is growing less than normal so haven't had to do it that badly plus my hair comes though blode so can't really be seen but i will be getting my other half to shave them a couple of weeks before i'm due as i have SPD and can't do much for myself ne way. i'm sure he wont mind

Hello

Im the same its been hard but i can still manage to do it in the bath, as for below im the same way just have to feel lol, oh well just hope i can still shave till the end cuz they grow like weeds at the moment.
Katrina

Can't you use the creams? Rub on and shower off?

To be honest i am ok a the moment, and no way would i let my OH anywhere near me with a sharp object- he has a bad enough time doing his own face! Lol i need a whole toilet roll stuck to my legs by the time he has finished!!

i did ask in phamesy about the veet cream stuff she sed u cant use it in pregnancy!!
i no sum1 that did and she got infections!!

Yeah, I've been told to avoid it in pregnancy. I normally use it on my face and I can't at the moment. I am even getting reactions when I try to wax!

I hate being hairy!!!! :cry: :cry:

Is anyone actually still interested in their bikini line? Mine is well and truely out of sight and out of mind! lol :lol:

Hi,

I have been shaving mine in the bath, I find I can just about get my leg up on the sides and do it!

As for my bikini line, a couple of times I've let it go but find it gets a bit irritant. And then I also think about how much cleaner it will be If I dont have a forest going on down there when I give birth.

I have been feeling my way whilst in the bath, be careful though I have nearly cut myself a few times, I tend to use a 'blunter' razor for down there. I have a quick check in the mirror when I'm done for the outer bits.

I did try doing it in front of the mirror at one point but it wasnt a very nice view - its changed a bit down there and seems to have grown!!! :? :lol:

I asked my partner to do it but he just laughed!!!!

I'll also admit like Rosieroo I haven't done mine for months but they are blond so you can hardly see them, I just can't reach. Dreading having to get them out in hospital.

I put my leg up on the shower wall, could just about reach!!! last few weeks had to get hubby to do it!!
As for my bikini line, I used immac. I did it a few days before I gave birth, and just had to guess where to put the cream. It was only after the delivery that I saw what I had done- I had hardly anything left there!!! :lol: Oh well, much better than too bushy!!!
love Lucy xx

i sit on the edge of the tub and do one leg at a time, that way my belly falls between my legs and i can bend easier. otherwise, my husband does it with an electric razor!!! :p

I do the same and put my leg up on the side shave. As for me bits, well, I take a good old guess and hope for the best, if it all goes then Sod it, who cares, no one to see apart from the midwife when I am in labour and I don't really want her to shout I can see the head and it's got a lovely full head of hair and then realise that's not babys hair :oops: :lol: I don't think I have done a bad job so far. Maybe a bit of a wonkey donkey landing strip. Sorry TMI LOL xxxxxxxxxx

I am still just about managing to shave my legs in the bath but don't think I'm doing a very good job, my hubbie has done it a few times though and has done down below as well although cheeky bugger took pretty much it all of the other day without me realising as he liked it, I looked bald....was not a happy chappy !!!! :)

Hi!!!!!

I can hardly manage washing my legs in the shower so shaving them is not possible at all lol!!! the thing is I cannot stand being hairy because that gives me some irritation and some spots, so my legs between being swollen, hairy with some spots are the most sexy legs on earth lol And my hairs are not blond :roll: . but it is nearly winter, wear trousers all the time so this is ok. Was thinking of having them done as a treat in a beauty shop....bikini line, i totally forgot about it although it can be irritating but I am not having sex anymore so nobody sees it is there :wink:

I can just about manage it in the bath with one hand on the cold tap to steady me! I'm also still painting my toenails gold so that they might deflect attention although I guess that frankly our legs aren't going to be the focus really are they? I'm rather hoping that dignity and embarrassment will be out of the window at that point and I won't care!

+++

Well I went out and brought some Veet hair removal cream earlier. But some of you have said I shouldn't use it during pregnancy? Is it perfectly safe if I just do the edges and don't go anywhere near my other bits?
I have never shaved down there before (normally pluck) Does it not itch when it grows back? And does it not go through a stage of looking horrid as it starts to re sprout?!!! :oops:

My husband is shaving my legs now... though you can wax right up to your time. Mind you, my lower legs are still breaking out quite badly and I don't honestly know if it's since I started waxing them a year ago or that I got a wee infection of the skin when I waxed them while preggers. I realise that waxing isn't for everyone but it lasts so much longer than a shave and your hair doesn't come back as strongly.

Sue

well when i was preg... OH did my legs while i relaxed on sofa :D and i used a bikini trimmer on my other bits, just feel ur way and no chance of cutting urself, and check after with mirror if its all neat :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back