leaving baby over night...

mrs v

Reaction score
So as some of you will have read my lo isn't the best sleeper, we have decided to have a night out and let our hair down so to speak on the 10th Aug, grandparents have agreed to have Archie overnight so we can sleep and not have to worry about getting a little tipsy!

As the date is nearing I am getting more and more nervous...my worry is that when he wakes here he will only settle for me, oh says it is because he knows I am in the next room...what do you think? Will he settle for grandparents? I couldn't bear the thought of him sobbing for me and not being there BUT I am desperate for a night off...never left him before btw....xx

I dont know because i havent really left mine except for when i was in labour. But my friend had to pick him up from the nursery and take him home and put him to bed. Absolutely no problem and he actually led to her to his room. When he was smaller, my in laws stayed with him whilst we went out and he was fine. He doesnt see them that often either

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

My lo never has settled for hubby! She is only just starting to now but she makes a point of telling him 'NO' so he knows she's not happy it's him going in
I left lo overnight at 10 months with my parents and she was fine, she did wake etc but my dad did his own thing settling her. He has her 2 days a week since she was 8 months when I went back to work so that helped
Also I've had my MIL babysit when she was 6 months and she bathed her & put her to bed without too much fuss, probably because I wasn't in the house she's happy as larry but just doesn't like oh looking after her lol

I didn't let J out till he slept through but I'm sure his granny is aware he's up during the night.

U should try staying round ur mums with him maybe first then giving him out if ur really worried - that way ur mum can try settling him. Lolol xxxxx

Both grandparents have him 1day per week as I am bk at work for 2 days and he is a star for them...they both say 'he plays up for you'...but obviously leaving him during the day is different to night time. He does know them well and grandparents were the ones that suggested a night off. I know its my anxietys but is never forgive myself if I thought he was upset for a full night, of course hubby thinks I'm being silly and he will be fine. I'm really undecided, is he ready, is it me who isn't ready, will I regret it...honestly I'm a stress head!

Honestly he will be fine. If they are good grandparents they will call you if he gets too upset but don't forget they have raised babies already :)
They will understand if your worried and I'm sure wouldn't mind a couple of phone calls

Honestly he will be fine. If they are good grandparents they will call you if he gets too upset but don't forget they have raised babies already :)
They will understand if your worried and I'm sure wouldn't mind a couple of phone calls

My husbands words this morning :)

I think he will be fine Hun. Parents have an amazing way of dealing with our monkeys!! We left C with my parent the other night and he woke up and refused to sleep so they just distracted him and played with him!! He was tired the next day but on good form and there were no major tears xx

Yeah I would just go with it. If it turns sour you'll know for next time!

My mum took J for hours here and there then overnight he settled fine but its always me that's put him down at night.

Your LO will prob be fine but I can understand the stress lol

xxxxx

You ladies are wonderful, thank you for the advice, can always count on you lot for honest advice. Better get these legs shaved soon haha xx

If your LO is anything like mine, he will be fine! My son is a right wee charmer for everyone else. He even slept through for the first time when my parents had him. Little git! I always worry, but the thing to remember is your parents were parents too and they do know a thing or two about settling a child. It might not be 100% how you would do it, but it would probably work just as well. I also think it's if your son knows you're there. Mine is happy to be with whoever is about, but if I'm in the house he will watch me or follow my voice. If I'm not there he never seems to miss me.

You might be surprised! I had to leave Freya overnight with grandparents end of March. And she never woke up once! And her sttn was unheard of back then. I still accuse them of lying now but they still say she did. Haha

We are letting hubbys parents have her overnight this Sat night. Will only be our 2nd night without her. I want to come home, have a long hot soak (I share my baths with her), have a few glasses of wine and have an early night and long lie

But hubby has booked a table at a restaurant and has bought ingredients for my fave cocktails on honeymoon. Think his ploy is to get me drunk so he can get his leg over. hahaha x

My LO does things for my mum that she'd never do for me. She self settled the whole time I was in hosp - never does that for me or her dad!! If I want OH to settle her I have to make sure I'm down stairs and silent.

They learn quite quickly that different people do things differently and adapt!!

Personally I think that's a good thing, as it means if something happens - like me being in hosp, my LO coped fine.

My mum has had my girl from when she was 6 weeks. But shes always been a great sleeper. Until now. She fights me each night now and wakens up loads. But of course never for granny. 2 weeks ago my inlaws had DG for the first time at their house. We went to a wedding so they had to put her to bed. They said she resisted but eventually grandma put her in her pram and walked round the village with her till she slept and then they transferred her to the cot. We came home to their house at 2am and she was sound. I was so worried as shes only evee gone to sleep with me or my mum. She wont even do it for her daddy. But the little monkey can do it. Xx

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back