Giving milk in the night

jennywren

Reaction score
OK in relation to this thread
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 375#762375

Im back on nights, OH cant settle Oran so is resorting to giving him milk in the night, we had a bit of a todo about it this morning as I said he is going to start waking up for milk in the night now, he argued well he couldnt get him to settle and he had to be up for work in the morning so what did I want him to do.............anyway, having milk for 4 nights, will this affect him and make him wake for it wanting it? Its back to me now from tom night as tonight is my last night at work, and Oran is not having milk in the night, so he wont have a choice but do you think 4 days of it will have made him want it?

It might, unless when he wakes and sees you he doesnt associate the milk with you and settles straight away. Is dh doing something different from you at bedtime thats making him wake?

lauramumof2 said:
It might, unless when he wakes and sees you he doesnt associate the milk with you and settles straight away. Is dh doing something different from you at bedtime thats making him wake?

He says not. He says he is doing what He always does, which is what I tell him to do....but you know what men are like :roll:

Well he is'nt getting any milk of me!

I fell into the trap of giving milk at night to settle my son and it took 4 months to stop him having a top up at night.
He started off with one top up and then got to 3 a night i was exhausted but in the end i reduced the milk he had and eventually weaned him off.
I would not reccommend feeding him at night unless genuinley hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back