Leaking - I think?

kittykitchn

Reaction score
This sounds ridiculous but I don't know whether its discharge, fluid or wee.

I've definitely had a lot more discharge in tri 3, but this is literally like water. I got out of the pool yesterday, and a fair amount just fell out of me - I thought maybe some water had got inside, or that I was just peeing and wasn't aware. Nothing else yesterday. Just sat down for breakfast and felt leaking, and there's a big wet stain all over my trousers. It has a hint of something, but I don't think it smells like wee.

I have midwife tomorrow afternoon. I'm away until later this evening. Should I be worried?

Do u think it could be your waters? i would ring your mw if you are worried. X

This has happened to me quite regularly and it's been discharge so had to wear anpad. If you are concerned though call your mw and they should check you over x

Same here. I was worried and went in turns out it was just discarge. I have to wear a tena lady now. If you are worried then call tour mw definitely or the labour ward. They might tell you to go in and check your cervix is closed.

Best way to see if it is your waters, is to lie down for a bit and then stand up and see if more leaks out. I would ring your mw for reassurance though xx

Hope all's well and you get some answers kitty - I've had a lot of discharge lately, was thinking about a gp visit!

Yeah definitely ring your midwife...they can easily check if it's waters or not and worth it for your piece of mind x

It sounds like it could just be discharge but this is also how my waters went. I didn't break them but tore them, like someone else has suggested try laying down for a little and then standing up again. I used to have a massive leak when he moved his head as well.

If you are concerned it could be your waters then see your midwife. With my waters it started happening more and more as well and to the point where there was no way it could just be discharge... like puddles on the floor at the hospital at one point... and coming out too quickly for it to be wee as well.

My waters went with my 2nd son but it was only a trickle but it was constant. When they did am exination they hadn't full gone and still had my hind waters or something I was 38 weeks tho. Midwife sent me to birth centre and they tested the pad and said it was my waters. They only let u go so long once waters have gone due to risk of infection. So deffo worth calling up if you worried :) x

If you think your waters have leaked even a little, what would the hospital do? just out of curiosity.
they have to be careful don't they, I've heard of your not in active labour and you think they have gone they would induce you within a few days, is that true? Xx

It depends which of your waters have gone I think, whether hind waters or fore waters. If before 34 weeks your waters can replenish and you can keep them topped up as it were by drinking lots. Generally you are induced after 24-48hrs depending on hospital trust due to infection risk. But you can go longer if you have no internal exams, sex etc and monitor your temp and baby's movements xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back