27 wks: Leaking Urine or Amniotic Fluid???

Fifibelle

Reaction score
Please please tell me when you started leaking urine as my discharge has become really watery and I'm afraid I'm leaking amniotic fluid.

It doesn't smell like urine and I know I must get to the Dr but she's not back in until tomorrow afternoon so trying to calm myself down.

I'd really appreciate if people could tell me what sort of consistency their discharge was at 27 weeks (it wasn't so watery a few days ago) and when they started leaking urine (if at all). Thanks a mill.

:wave: Welcome to the forum.

Watery discharge is very common later in pregnancy - I thought I might be leaking with my last baby. The thing to do until you can get checked is to wear a pad. If it is soaked after 30mins then you might be leaking. The best thing is to ring your MW and talk to them rather than the Dr. She can examine you and tell fairly easily if you are leaking. Take the pad with you and they will test the fluid.

Try to worry. Ring your MW or the labour ward for reassurance. :)

Thanks for replying (and the welcome). I'm nowhere near as wet as soaking a pad - just have to change underwear around 3 times a day but I thought if I had a bit of a leak it could tear more over time? I'm living abroad so don't really have the prenatal midwife thing going on here.

Can't add anything to the advice Mervs Mum gave but just wanted to say I hope everything's ok (I'm sure it will be - watery discharge is very common) and welcome to the forum :wave:

Ah I see well I'd still do the same till you can see your care provider hun but what you are describing sounds pretty normal to me. I'm finding I'm much wetter too and were about the same stage. My pants are wet when I go to the loo and I can often 'feel' that wet sensation too through out the day.

Nothing more to add from me either other than Welcome to the Forum :wave:

i dont think you have anything to panic about . the discharge is defffoo common but get it checked to reassure yourself anyway thats what dr's are there for !! and you may need to start your pelvic floor exercises!!!! :D xxx

Ah I see well I'd still do the same till you can see your care provider hun but what you are describing sounds pretty normal to me. I'm finding I'm much wetter too and were about the same stage. My pants are wet when I go to the loo and I can often 'feel' that wet sensation too through out the day.

All the lovely things no one thinks to mention to you before you get pregnant...:whistle: I am so glad I have an idea what to expect from the forum! :D

Hope all is well, for OP, and :hug:!

Nothing to add apart from hope you have got the reassurance that you need :)

I had the same problem a few weeks ago.. Mine didn't smell like urine either and I was convinced it was a huge leak! Turned out it wasnt after an internal exam, it is very worrying though but get a check up when you can to put your mind at rest xx

I get this too, try not to worry, it's probably just discharge but if you're worried then see someone xx

Hope you got the answers you need and have had your mind put at rest

Hello and welcome too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back