Lead in drinking water!

Redbootz

Reaction score
Needed to have a good rant before I go insane! seriously can't handle anything else! We had issues with our water back in December there was way to much lead in it then told it was fine to find out today it's not fine! I could of slapped the women on the phone seriously! I've now got to go for another blood test to see if i have any lead toxicity. Serously they are going to pay if anything is wrong.

Oh no this sounds scary. How far are you? Also when will you have your blood test?

Hope everything is ok! I've had very similar problems but diesel in my water! Had no washing or drinking water for 2 months and then they sorted it so apparently OK to wash in but still no drinking water, been 4 months now! And as we are on a private road we all have to pay for it! I'm now worrying they will be doing the work and road will be closed when I go into labour and the detour is through a forest! (I live in middle of no where) water companies are all con artists! Hope issue is resolved quicker than mine :) xx

I'm just over 18 weeks but this has been going on since before xmas. I had one blood test done but now going to need another, and I will have to go to the docs to get it done so when ever I can get an appointment. We are on a military base so all old pipes and everything but it's the lack of communication and organisation which is just appalling. I am back on the case tomorrow! To get figures back in December it took five phone calls as they didn't want to tell me because it was way over the safe limit! I'm panicking loads now though because apparebtly you only need to be consuming levels of 5µg/l for it to affect a growing foetus!

Well I finally have gotten some much needed info from a nice manager from the water company who actually came out to see me :) because I had been trying to find out so much information. He apologised for the lack of communication and he gave me my test results that they took friday and Saturday from our house. Our water is ok at the moment but levels showed high first thing so need to let the water run but he can't guarabtee it will stay like that because he said they are getting odd readings from other houses so they are putting phosphorous into the water so need to stay on bottled water but I think I won't have accumulated any lead toxicity form the level we had at our property. I explained how the lack of communication since December has been just unacceptable but hopefully I can relax a bit as the stress has been awful. I hope your situation with the Diesel in the water is sorted soon Bubbles1987. I hate road closures when we flooded in December and January we were stuck in the village it was crazy.

Glad you are getting some actual answers now and they are reassuring! Hopefully they sort it all soon and you will be off the bottled water.

Ours is still same, got to wait for all the houses effected to agree to pay their bit and waiting to hear from our insurance company! Looks like work will start 29th Feb for 4 weeks so will def be going on when I have baby just hope it's not too distributive. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back