Late arrival to trimester 3

amandapanda

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm a bit late in my move over here cause I've been in hospital for the last 16 days with bleeding problems due to low placenta, but was finally discharged yesterday - yay!

Very very good news indeed considering I was facing another 8 weeks in there! I think my consultant had a change of opinion as I have had no bleeding for a week and also because hubby is up from London for the next week so he can look after me. His greatest concern at the moment seems to be that I'm not allowed to be on my own, because if the worst happens then apparantly I would lose so much blood I might fall unconcious and not be able to get help - very scary!!

But for now things are much improved, I go back on 16th Feb for a scan and consultation and doc will review the situation then. At the last scan 2 weeks ago the placenta had dropped down lower, but fingers crossed maybe it's moved back up a bit as I have got bigger in the last couple of weeks. I still need to take it easy and any sign of bleeding and I need to go straight back in, but for the moment I will enjoy each day of freedom!

My flat needs a proper clean and sort out but hubby will have to do most of it! it'll be nice to get more prepared and organised for baby - it's mad to think he will be here in 8 weeks or less :shock: xxx

Glad to see you doing well babe,,, welcome to tri3 eventhou am not suppose to be here but am just browsing lol>

Welcome to tri 3, and brill news that you are home! Now you are not allowed to queue jump so keep baby in there!! :lol:

Hi huni, glad to hear you are home. Welcome to tri 3 xxx

Ha ha Rosa! Yes may well queue jump to beginning of April, but hopefully not before then all being well!! xx

welcome to tri 3, I bet your so made up at finally being home, its horrible being stuck in hospital, i was stuck in for 11 weeks with my 3rd when my waters broke at 22 weeks. i think it probably has made a difference that your hubby is home as when they finally let me have weekend leave my hubby had to be there and my mum and dad had to keep my other chldren so i made sure i was still resting and not doing things. still take things easy as i'm sure you will.

Thanks Mumof Many - I made a friend in hospital who was also a long stayer like me and her waters broke the other night - she's only 25 weeks preg tomorrow! She was in due to a weak cervix and she needed total rest, but now her waters have broken I guess that's not a good sign. No contractions or anything yet, I feel so bad for her - but have read stories like yours of people being able to keep baby in for a lot longer after waters break or even babies coming very early but doing ok after special care, so hope everything will be ok for her.

Yes I am not quite sure what the plan is for when hubby goes home next Tues...my scan is on the Weds so think doc will decide then. I won't kick and scream if he wants me back in hospital....I just want what is best for my boy and at least being in hospital gives you that reassurance that if something goes wrong you will get immediate help xx

Good to hear you made a friend there, it really helps.

aww made up that you have been allowed home :) enjoy it hun xxx

Amandapanda! Glad to see you over here. I had been thinking about you when I heard that you had been in hospital. So good to hear things are better for you now. Take care.

I'm so glad you've been allowed home, even if it is only for a week. Good to see you finally over in tri 3! Fingers crossed things run smooth for the next 8-10 weeks x

Hey Amanda! Such great news that you've been allowed to go home and lovely to see you in tri 3 xxx

Welcome to Tri3 AmandaPanda and welcome home! I've just caught up on all your threads and its great news to hear that you are home! I have everything crossed for you in the hope that your placenta holds- I have this image of a little person hanging onto the inside of you lol. I spose it'll be two little people including your little man :) - welcome to team blue :blue: btw :)!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down :(. As one of the other ladies said, it may be the routine of the hospital. I know when I was in earlier this year, I felt very down on leaving as you're constantly looked after when you're in there and once you're discharged I suppose you're left to look after yourself. But- you are surrounded by people that care about you :) sometimes they're just not great at showing it! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back