Lady bits hygiene after labor??

Hope81

Reaction score
I usually use one of the special shower gels for that like lactacyd.
Is that ok immediately after labor or I better only use water down there?
No idea if to pack it with me in my hospital bag or not.

I used only water. I added couple of drops of tea tree oil to a big jug if water and poured it after going to the loo. As its antibacterial, i didnt get infections and they stitches healed quite quickly

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I was only worried that all that blood will be hard to clean or feel clean at least at the hospital?? I suppose I will be fine with only water though?

I got told to use no bubble bath or anything like that . Just to add salt to my bath water , I got no infections at all x

Hun most likely you will be bleeding a lot and special wash isnt going to make any difference. I didnt want anything to go near my bits except warm water and soft pads.

I only used water too and just rinsed myself off with a shower hose, to be honest, you're probably not going to want to do any sort of lathering down there straight away (the thought of it makes me wince lol).

I only used water too and just rinsed myself off with a shower hose, to be honest, you're probably not going to want to do any sort of lathering down there straight away (the thought of it makes me wince lol).

Lol so true, i winced too. Couldnt even.bear to touch.myself after labour

:sick: never thought of that :sick: that's me getting out of my bag the lactacyd gel now lol.
I am not touching anything down there :sick:
Hopefully I will not get an infection because I am festering down there or sth like that lol...
I like the idea of pouring water and tea tree oil but how I do that without making a complete mess all over? Or do you enter the shower to do that after every pee??

No, just get a big jug of water( i had 2 litre one, filled it before going to the loo, then poured it from the front to back iyknim and then patted dry, its important to change pads often and keep as dry as possible. If you can, go knickerless for a bit (put a towel under).
Even with stitches after episiotomy i was able to resume love life after 4 weeks

I got feminine wipes , like baby wipes but designed to leave you feeling fresh and clean and even with stitches I was ok with them. I just pat nice and gently with them until clean . I bathed with tea tree oil every evening

:sick: never thought of that :sick: that's me getting out of my bag the lactacyd gel now lol.
I am not touching anything down there :sick:
Hopefully I will not get an infection because I am festering down there or sth like that lol...
I like the idea of pouring water and tea tree oil but how I do that without making a complete mess all over? Or do you enter the shower to do that after every pee??

Just sit towards the back of the toilet seat so there's more room at the front for the jug, lean back, put the spout of the jug on your bikini area and pour. I didn't have stitches, just got grazes but it was sooo sore to pee so I did this with warm water as I peed as it dilutes the acidity and barely stings.

I got the same wipes too. I actually use them every time after a pee since I was 14...that's a lot of money on those wipes me thinks now lol!!!!

Ok wipes then it is and a jug of water and God help us all...

:hugs: its only horrid for a few weeks and the reward is forever x

I remember the first time I peed without the jug, when mine were about 4 days old, I literally ran downstairs and told Hubby straight away, I was so pleased I could pee normally lol!!

I just used warm water, and always rinse with shower hose every day when I went for shower...!
I had stitches aswell and they've been fine.x

I just used warm water from shower hose. No problems with mine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

I had 2 baths a day, with just water in. I had stitches and they healed fine. Think it was a few weeks before I used anything other than water down there.

Same here with just water. I didn't pour water on me when I peed, just leaned forward, which helped. I did pee in the shower a few times though which was helpful lol.
But yeah, I just cleaned it with water and made sure I changed my pad often. No infections yet although I am still bleeding, but I think my tear has healed (didn't have stitches) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I changed my pad everytime I did a pee, whether it needed it or not. Bit over the top maybe but I just didn't like the idea of it being dirty down there.x

I had a lot of baths in the first few days. Like literally 2/3 baths a day. Just a couple of inches of water even sometimes to soak the stitches and clean things up.

I used tea tree and lavendar oil in the bath on recommendation of the midwife and also badedas too (that stuff is really nice to have in the bath after you have had a baby, it's very relaxing and soothing).

I don't recall having a problem peeing, though I do remember after having a bath I would kinda fan my ladybits to get them dry, I even had a quick waft from the hairdryer on cool a few times as well just to make sure it was all dry down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back