Regrets/wishes about hospital bag

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Is there anything u regret not taking or wish u had taken in ur hospital bag for either u or baby?

Or things u were told to take and u didn't use?

I've started packing mine and it seems like I have loads, but I still have more to pack this weekend!

Any ideas for non-essentials I can take out or things I really need that u aren't told about would be greatly appreciated xx

I forgot a birthing outfit :doh: I just took pjs and when I got their realised I didn't have a nightie or big t-shirt!

Also, I didn't expect to go through so many pants. I didn't realise that you'd bleed in labour so went through about 3 pants before even going down to the labour ward! So I'd say take lots of massive pants lol. (I took disposables but didn't realise how big I'd get so they didn't fit).

Oh I took snacks as well and didn't touch them as everytime I ate I just threw it up. Oh and flip flops! For walking round the wards. I had to walk around bare foot. At the time I didn't care but when I look back I think eeeeewww!

Food, I hated the hospital food I was given so will be taking my own set of meals to store in the fridge. I would have had to take half my house with me as I stayed in for a week. But my partner brought and took most of the stuff I needed mainly clean clothes for Leo and me x

Extra pjs or 'day clothes I was in 3 days before going down to labour ward and only had the one outfit to wear I would've liked to have had a change.
More knickers as my waters leaked slowly and was bloody so went through them.
Laptop with DVDs for entertainment but I had a long induction.

I agree with the knickers... Take lots. I had a c section so i took loads of size 20 knickers and I'm usually a size 12.

I took a bit of make up in my bag so when Savannah was asleep I put a tiny bit on and brushed my hair and it was amazing how much better I felt.

Slippers for the ward. Especially if your there for a while.

I took cotton wool and didn't use any... Baby wipes were fine and when I wanted to clean savannahs eyes they gave me some.

I was thinking of making a thread like this too! So thanks larlybelle for asking and for everyone's answers :)

Great thread Carly, I'm hoping to make a start on mine tomorrow xx

a hair bobble!! i made sure my hair was scraped right back! you will get a bit hot and sweaty!

lots and lots of maternity pads i was wearing 2 at a time and was leaking through to the bed!

lots of big knickers - i was a size 10 pre pregnancy but took size 16/18 they were a god send

phone charger

headphones for the hosp tv incase youre in for a while

good luck :) xx

Bridget jones knockers seems to be the only thing I don't have so far! Was an 8-10 pre-pregnancy, now in a 12 so what size knickers do u think I should get?

Bridget jones knockers seems to be the only thing I don't have so far! Was an 8-10 pre-pregnancy, now in a 12 so what size knickers do u think I should get?

i bought a couple of packs of 5 from sainsburys in size 16/18 they fit just right and i was wearing size 12s throughout pregnancy x

I was your size pre and during pregnancy and took size 20 to hosp!

Shouldn't have worried so much about a birthing outfit as i was naked most of the time, lol!

Should have taken more nappies though, I only had 5 and only just made it home on the last freebie from the bounty pack.

Lucozade was a godsend as I def couldn't eat a bite, or be bothered about water.

I was ur size pre pregnancy and took size 14 knickers with me...

Well that has taught me a lot, as I went and bought about 20 pairs of my size pants. Going to have to go out and get some more!!

Well that has taught me a lot, as I went and bought about 20 pairs of my size pants. Going to have to go out and get some more!!

I've brought the next size up of smallish knickers, think I'm going to have to go buy bigger sizes of Bridget Jones Pants :)x

Drinks!! Ribena kept me going thru the tough bits of labour. Also totally agree re pants and pads. For about an hour after birth the blood was running out of me :sick: I took in a couple packs of pads and still needed more. Disposable maternity pants are good too.
Magicool spray - I didn't have it but wish I did x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back