Lactose Intolerant!

Heulyn

Reaction score
Well, the health visitor thinks Linzie might be lactose intolerant!

She's been very unsettled, and been posetting a fair bit, and had loads of dirty nappies, all of which I'd put down to having a growth spurt, but I hadn't factored in that I'm lactose intolerant and had to have soy milk when I was first born.

Soooo anyway, if it doesn't settle down tonight, I've to have her to the GP in the morning to get some lactose-free milk-free prescription food.

Gah! x

Tegan is Lactose intolerant, before she was on Lactose free milk i had the most grumpy, unsettled sick baby ever! the doc sent her to see a pediatrician and she's now on sma Lactose free, she's like a different baby so happy now x good luck Hun

Glad to hear Tegan is doing well on it :)
It's taken ages to find this out though, they kept telling me it was just wing - but a bit of wind doesn't make you poo ten times a day!
Gunna ring the doc in about 2 mins x

Well Tegans 18 weeks and i've only known 3 weeks, i kept going back to the doctors But they just said it was Reflux! how did you get on? x

They've changed their minds now, apparently she 'must have caught a bug'.
I'm thinking of going back as she's really gone the other way now - won't feed much and is consipated!!!
The poor little thing strains as if her head might just pop off, she cries so it's obv unpleasant for her :-( :cry:

Poor baby Tegan was constantly constipated wouldn't go for days at a time x

Ella has been on neocate (lactose free prescription milk) since she was just a few days old and is thriving. Don't feel bad for bubs if they have to go on it- they get everything they need and it's free! Trust me, when your bub is getting through 3-4 tins s week when they are 6 months you'll be relieved you're not paying for it! X

We might have to change Linzie's food anyway I think, to see if it's the forumla causing the constipation :/

Hope you get it sorted Leah, my little girl was on soya milk prescribed for agesfor her skin, and these special milks are very expensive.

Hope she is not lactose intolerant after all perhaps a change of milk to another brand and supplimenting with cooled boiled water would be worth a try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back