Lactose intolerance!!

trish5566

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
My little lad has been on lactose free milk for some time now,he is doing alot better on it but he has never been tested to see if he is lactose intolerant.
Has anyone ever had their LO tested,if there is a test of course!
My consultant keeps bypassing the problem!!! :x

Tia was diagnosed with being lactose intolerant but never had a test... the constant vomiting and smelly diarrhoea (TMI sorry) within 30mins/hour after eating anything with lactose in it was a pretty good sign that she was lactose intolerant... :rotfl: Your consultant probably doesn't want to do anything yet because most kids grow out of their lactose intolerance by the time they are 5 years old. :) I had loads of fun with Tia and her lactose intolerance ;) if you have any questions you can PM me..

luke had lactose intolerance for a short time prob about 4 0r 5 months following a hernia operation but he did grow out of it luckily, never officially tested but like said above the symptoms were pretty clear from the diarrhoea and the awful pain he got when he drunk ordinary milk.

Thanks ladies!
He just gets pain with his,but he also has reflux but again not been tested, but the consultant is booking him in for a berium meal as he throws up way too much for even reflux.

hi my baby has tempory lactose intolerance following surgery. there are two tests a quick one involves checkig the ph of his poo if it is acidic he could be lactose intolerant, the second one is sending off a poo sample where they check for sugars.

hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back