labour

katiee24

Reaction score
do braxton hicks & real contractions feel the same just ones more regular and ones a random pattern? stupid question i know.. but i have no idea what pain to expect when it starts :wall2:

haven't a clue as this is my first baba but i assume contractions are braxton hicks times a hundred! xx

haven't a clue as this is my first baba but i assume contractions are braxton hicks times a hundred! xx

Thats my guess too! Just seen your facebook hun, are they starting to get more painful or staying the same? x

Ive been told real ones are like BH but are painful instead of just being uncomfortable

Yeah BH shouldnt be painful just uncomfortable..if they start getting painful and are regular it is more likely to be labour :) x

Well I thought they felt the same until I was 9cm, they were just regular and stronger than the ones I was getting. I wouldn't have known I was in labour if my waters hadn't gone, esp cos I was 36 weeks and not expecting it!

im getting these and am in hospital with high bp, they show up on monitor as tightenings, but there is no or very little pain, and my belly goes rock hard and makes me breathless but there not timing or lasting more than about 20 seconds hun, there still not nice tho. i can have 4 in an hour then none for 6 hours hope everything ok x

i had some tightenings last night, was playing bingo :dance:& kept getting them every 5-10 mins & lasted about a minute.. think it was just the way i was sat.. was doing it for a good hour but soon as i stood up it stopped & some of them were abit painful. :(

BH shouldn't hurt at all, sometimes feel a bit wierd & slightly uncomfortable, but labour pains are kinda like having period pains/cramp at the same time as having BH if that makes sense.

:hug:

I dont feel BH is that abnormal? I know if it happens by coincidence at the time Im holding my stomach, other wise I dont feel them even then its only a hard feeling on my stomach nothing else x

Last edited:
It's normal to never feel a bh in pregnancy at all babe dont worry xx

BH are uncomfortable and can cause pain x real contractions start off feeling like this but get more intense and more painful as they go on, and if your water breaks they become very painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back