Labour Update!

laurat

Reaction score
Well ladies, it is time for me to leave this trimester as my wee blue bundle is now here. I thought I would let you all know what my labour was like to hopefully calm anyones nerves or give you an idea. I went in to be induced 25/6/13.

I was given a pessary of prostin at 2pm on the Tues. felt nothing after it and was convinced it didnt work. Over night I started to get a few cramps but nothing much. When examined on the Wed at 6 am I was surprised to be told that I was dilated 3cm and they were going to break my waters. Put on a heart trace for Button and they told me I was having contractions.

Slight delay due to emergency sections so didnt get down to the labour ward till 3 ish. Broke my waters at 4. My god it was mental!! Loads of water gushing out. Used gas and air and was given the drip of hotmone to start labour. Contractions started thick and fast. I reacted well and quick. Dilated to 10cm after an hour and a half but Button's head was facing to the side. Consultant said if it wasnt for this I would have had him within 2 hours. Left me contracting for another hour to see if he would turn his head. Unfortunatly he didnt so they decided to use a suction. Pushed myself till he was pretty much out and right at the last minute they used the suction.

Only after issue was they ended up giving me an episomy where they cut my perinium as he was getting slightly stuck. It had to be stiched so bottom a bit tender. Was all over in 3 hours and really was totally bearable and worth every minute as Ive now got Rory here.

It is the unknown I think that is scary and honestly ladies if I can do it anyone can! Ill pop back to read all your updates!

Am so pleased for you that hes finally here i love his name xx

Phew nice to know you found it bearable, congrats on little Rory x

Congratulations any pics of the little one?

Thanks fot sharing. Good to know as I always fear that inductions will be awful. Well done you. Rory is such a cute name xx

Well done bump buddy! You did so well! Not giving yourself enough credit! Hope I cope as well as you, deffo the unknown that makes it so scary! xxx

Congratulations and well done! You are very brave. Having stiches done dsnt sound pleasant.

Congrats!! Love the name :) x

Tapatalking. X

I knew you would do great ... something in the ltttc blood ;-)

Enjoy every minute with him as its scary how quickly they grow xx

Congrats Laura! Our little ones share the same date of birth :) xxx

Aww so lovely :love: glad you had fairly good experience Hun. Big hello to Rory xx

Great name!!

very speedy, thanks for sharing... enjoy bonding with your little man :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back