Knowing the sex - Why dont people want to know?

I wonder if it had always been the way that you could find out the sex of the baby that it would be the 'norm' now if you get me?

I totally respect everyone's opinions as it's personal choice. Me, I didnt see why i woudl want to keep it as a suprise, it wasnt becuase i wanted to buy clothes or decorate the nursury, simply that the option and technology was there to find out so we did. I couldn't understand people that said, 'ohh you'll ruin the suprise' coz i thought it was none of thier business and quite rude to be honest. I found it was the 'older' generation that said it though as that is what they were used to. Had they gone back in time and it had always been an option to find out i imagine a lot of them would have done.

I do not regret fidning out at all, it was an amazing moment in the scan room and soo soo cute to see our baby boy shaking his bum and his bits at us! LOL And to see my OH's face when he found out what sex he was was lovely. Just as im sure its amazsing to find out when they are born but In hindsight i dont suppose you'll know whether you are gunn be sky high on drugs when the baby is born so you might not experiance or remember the same. Yes if you are a 'blue' or 'pink' person it helps but TBH i like the neutral colours as well and havent got masses of boy colour things anyway as i think babys are so cute in white and creams.

Im sure it doesnt make your baby any less of a 'person' if you dont find out. I like referring to him as him and i like daydreaming about whehter he'll go to the footie with his dad......or hate sports and be a dancer! LOL

Like i say, the option was there to find out, i was suprised and over the moon and would find out every time.

I hope you come around to making some sort of decision soon. Go with what you feel and stick with it and if you decide to find out and cant keep it a suprise from other people tell them so, it's not thier baby, it's yours and they should respect your decisions as it will be so difficult not to let it slip. I cant STAND people telling me what to do in pregnancy, it must be the hormones!

sam08 said:
In hindsight i dont suppose you'll know whether you are gunn be sky high on drugs when the baby is born so you might not experiance or remember the same.

I do understand what you are saying in general, but I couldn't agree with the quote above less!

Having been there and found out a surprise at the birth (yes didn't have any drugs so was fully compis mentis), I couldn't imagine a more magical and special time to find out. Its always been team green for me for my last baby and this one.

I respect everyone's decisions though.

Valentine Xxx

I dont think it matters whether you do find out or wait until the birth, we all find out eventually!

I always said id stay Team Green with my second baby...but im just too impatient! I wouldnt find out if I had the willpower, but I have none!

Its all down to personal choice at the end of the day. :)

chaya5738 said:
Well we have had the exact OPPOSITE. We DON'T want to find out and keep encountering people telling us 1) that is will be harder to shop for baby things if we don't know the sex (which I think is ridiculous); and 2) we won't bond with our baby in the womb if we don't know the sex (again, ridiculous).

So I guess everyone has opinions and they are never going to be the same as yours so you just have to learn not to get offended.

The reason we don't want to find out is because of the surprise (for ourselves and for others) and because I want my husband to tell me the sex once it is born. A nice way to include him I think. For us, finding out from the sonographer is a bit of an anti-climax.

I agree with you on this one. We are team green and although i have on occasions maybe slightly wanted to know, i am happy now that i didnt find out and that like you, my husband and i can find out ourselves once baby is born. Tbh staying team green has probably saved us a fortune as i havnt bought very much so far other than the basics and i reckon if i had know blue or pink i would have shopped and shopped and shopped lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back