Keslo's Pregnancy/motherhood Diary

xmas is starting to take it out of me. its frustrating me that i cant afford to get people things which i would have liked to :(

my next scan is 2nd january :) i cant wait. really looking forward to seeing my little baby again :D

my friend just came round and i forgot to put a preg mag away :oops: we just said OH's mom gave it us to inform us for the future lol.

was really missing alcohol friday night. although i was very good and didnt have a sip.

found out someone i know is pregnant again. i swear she just had one. apparently she has 4 already and she is only 20 :|

she drank all the way through her last pregnancy. it was really bad.

Hey Keslo!

Check you out with the magazine! Do you think your friend bought the excuse! That's how we found out one of my friends was preggers a few years ago - because she'd left pregnancy magazines down the side of the sofa and had us all round on Boxing Day!

Did you see that show last week - 'Pissed and Pregnant'? Very scary viewing!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better now - be grateful - I still feel pants! Constantly hungover is the best way I can describe it!

P.S. Not nagging (honest, guv!) - but how are you doing with cutting down on the fags?

Love

Valentine xxx

hi valentine. yes i watched the program. scared me a little bit as i had a good drink before i found out i was preg.

i think she brought it. she didnt say anything else about it lol.

im feeling abit pants today. hungover is exactly the word i wanted to use a while ago. but thought people might think ive been drinking and i havent lol

in all honesty, im not doing very well. i find xmas so stressful. and that doesnt help. i am cutting down though, just not as quickly as id like :(

im making it my new year resolution. to quit or at the very least cut down alot.

im contemplating what to have for breckie. im starving lol.

any ideas?

Hi Keslo

Good luck with your trying to give up smoking. It is hard I know. I gave up "cold turkey" in June after a particularly bad episode of bronchitis which lasted a month!

One tip I found helpful was to eat more carrots. Apparently they help with the cravings (for cigarettes).

What did you end up having for breakfast today? I had a weetabix and am now waiting to go to a Christmas lunch. Mmmm can't wait.

Sabrina
x

hi there. thanks for the tip :) but i dont like carrots :oops:

quick question. im feeling really bad today. can i take a paracetomol? ive got such a bad headache :cry: i didnt want to take anything at all, but i feel so bad :(

You can take paracetemol Keslo. It's ok.

If you get a few headaches have you tried that head rub you can buy? It's like a menthol rub you put on your forehead/temples. My OH bought it for me earlier this year and I've found it's really good. Doesn't interfere with your body either :lol:

I hope your headache goes quick.

Sabrina

Hi Keslo,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. :( As far as I know, you're fine to take paracetamol.

Please try and stop smoking. I managed to give up just over a month ago. The first few days are the worst, but after that it's fine - honest!!!

I found it was less scary for me if I thought that I'm not giving up forever. In July I can smoke if i want to, so I haven't given up, I've just stopped smoking for a bit :D

Try not to worry about what you drank before you knew. I had at least one good session that I can remember, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. We can't change what we did before we knew, so worrying will make no difference. But we can make a difference with what we do now. And you're not drinking now and cutting down on smoking, so that's really good.

And after watching pissed and pregnant the other day, that's a lot more than some women do!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Lucy
xxx

Oooh also meant to say....

I think sunflower seeds are supposed to help with nicotine cravings too (altough I haven't tried this - I just chewed wrigleys gum) :D

i threw up for the first time on tuesday. it was horrible. didnt help that i didnt have anything in my stomache :(

i had an alcohol free becks the other night. but read on the back 'no more than 0.01 or somthing similar. this worried me. i didnt drink it all in the end. anyone know if these are ok for us?

i was so worried i might hurt my baby with it. is that silly?

other than that things are ok. really looking forward to my next scan. it wont be too long now before i hit the 12week mark. i cant wait.

im getting more excited now :D i really cant wait to hold my baby in my arms with the knowledge she/he is healthy.

how is everyone doing?

everyone looking forward to xmas? do you think you will miss a drink?

i think ill be ok, as i know its so worth it to have a baby in my arms. wish OH would support abit by not drinking quite so much. but oh well. he aint gna give it up because i have to.

got OH's family over today, as his gran hasnt seen the flat yet and he wants her to see it before we take the decorations down. should be good, but the place is a mess. oh well. im not going to be worrying too much.

hope everyone is well :)

Hi Keslo :)

Sorry to hear you've been sick :( I hope you'll soon be past that stage.

I read on the Net that 1-2 units of alcohol once or twice a week is the maximum we should have during pregnancy. Since I've known I was pregnant (ie the last 4 weeks) I've had 1/2 a glass of champagne, 1/2 a glass of wine and one white wine spritzer. I'm not missing the alcohol to be honest. I don't think it's going to be a problem for me over Christmas. My OH doesn't drink much either but he had a bottle of lager the other night and I don't like lager but I really fancied it! LOL

You'll be having your scan soon then as you are 11+ weeks. That'll be exciting. I can't wait till mine (5th Jan). Just want to know the baby is ok then I can relax a bit and enjoy the pregnancy a bit more. :)

Don't stress over the housework I'm sure your OH's nan will just be pleased to see you regardless.

:hug:
Sabrina
x

Hi Kelso

How much do you smoke? What have you tried to help you give up?

How long have you known about your pregnancy?

Pea
an ex-smoker

Hi

I had an alcohol free Becks too! Yum! I used to drink a wine about 4 times a week so it tasted so good (must be psychological!). I did not watch that programme - fill me in - but my midwife told me that drinking 1-2 units a week is not a problem. I have not taken that opportunity though - I have had half a glass of red wine a week ago and a half of guiness (which I read somewhere has iron in it). Thats in 6 weeks, so I have come well under that benchmark.

Am I missing something on the programme?

Good luck on the cigs front. I gave up a few years ago, cold turkey as well and it was tough. But ask your GP cos of the forthcoming smoking ban there are lots of smoking cessation nurses kicking about who can support you etc (and not necessarily with prescriptions) more just with tips etc, they help loads of people kick the habit.

Keep your diary going, great reading!

xxx

hi there. i havent updated in a little while, and thought it was about time i done so.

my morning sickness has got a little bit worse. ive threw up a few times now. i hate it. its so horrid.

xmas eve we went to OH's nans house. we all got money from her. which was nice.
she done us some food. cornish pasty. i tried eating as much as i could out of politeness. but i gave up when i urged at the table.
we told her that im pregnant and she was really happy for us :) thats most of the family who know now.

i had a really good xmas day. my main present from OH was a trip to america. im really excited. he said he planned to take me for my 21st, but considering we will have a baby then he wanted to take me now :)
were going on the 20th january. so about 3weeks time :D
going to go to disney and seaworld. always wanted to go :D

i got some other things. from my parents i got a lovely coat, a lonesdale jacket, a pair of combats, a pair of vans, some me to you underwear and a lovely card :)

other things included:
a pair of boots,
a hairbrush,
a unicorn poster,
some tops,
a pink cussion,
a necklace,
a 2007 diary,
bit of staitonary
and make-up.

so i did really well :)

im really looking forward to my next scan. there is only about a week to go now :)
but i cant find my appointment card to find out what time it is.gna look through this post to see if i wrote it on here.

my tummy is getting bigger now.which is exciting and encouraging :D

ill take a pic for you guys :)

how is everyone feeling?

hope you all had a fab xmas :)

ETA:

here is a pic of my stomach :) not sure how big its going to be as it was taken on OH's cam.

doggiesxmas014.jpg

what you reckon? im getting a bump arent i :)

Hi Keslo

Nice to read about your Christmas. Sorry to hear you've thrown up a few times. :( I have managed not to do that YET.. but I'm not holding my breath LOL.

Thanks for sharing the pic. Yes you definitely have a little bump there already. :clap: It's great to see the changing shape isn't it? I haven't noticed it yet this time around as I've got a bit of a tummy already it's not so noticeable. :)

Did you find out when your appointment is ? My booking in is Thursday. I'm a bit nervous about it. Have you had yours yet? What goes on?

Sabrina
x

my booking in appt was the MW coming over and taking history, testing urine, taking bloods. and a chance for you to ask questions ect. it was fine. all appart from the blood thing. i dont like needles at all lol

im suprised at how my tummy is changing so soon. i was really happy to realise i was getting a bump :)

havent found the appointment time yet :? gt a week to find it lol.

and as its the first day there open, i cant ring up to find out either.

right im off out in a minute. really dont have the energy. oh well.

take care hun. hope you manage to avoid :puke:

Keslo!

What an amazing bump picture! I don't have anything like that - I can feel (I think) the top of my uterus now and a lot of water retention and my clothes are much tighter but I had a big belly beforehand so won't be seeing a lovely bump like that - that's amazing! I'd even think you were further on (but know you're not!)

Have an amazing time in America - I am so jealous and what a fantastic holiday that'll be - your OH sounds amazing. You were really lucky with all your pressies too.

Anyway - I hope the sickness dies down soon - you'll be 12 weeks on Thursday - right? Hopefully it'll start to go away soon, certainly by the time you go to the States. I hate being sick - it always makes me cry.

I also hope you had a lovely night out tonight.

Love

Valentine xxx

how boring. heres the story of last night.

when we get there i get told they are the religous side of the family. no sex before marriage kind of thing. so immediately not looking forward to telling them. we get in, all is fine. they offer us a drink. i have a coke. then we sit down to a dining table. a lovely spread is on the table. shame i dont eat most of what was there.the house is so immaculate, im worried of dropping crumbs.

after that we move to the lounge. it is so hot im nearly passing out. about 2hours in me and OH announce we are going outside for a few minutes.

this is when OH decides to announce our news. there faces drop. and we go outside.

we re enter 5mins later to hear not them happy. but them saying that i dont cook ect. and all bad things.

so i sat there for the rest of the nightnot very happy at all.

grrr :evil:

so thats the night. fun huh

ts now 9.47. and im up nt because i want to be, but because rebel is yelping like mad, and OH didnt do anything about it. im fed up of being the one to get up with him and take him out. so i left the room and left rebel with him lol.

thanks valentine. it is getting big isnt it :) i cant wait till the scan. hopefully they will give me my propper EDD :)

yes according to the ticker im nearly 12weeks :cheer: such a relief im telling you.

thanks for replying :)

hi there. hope everyone is well :)

im .12 WEEKS! :cheer: this is according to my estimations as i havent been given my EDD yet.

im really happy that ive made it here. but im still worried im going to go to the hospital on the 2nd and they wont be able to find a heartbeat. is that silly? im still feeling hungover. and genrally still throwing up. and ive had nothing happen 'down there' so i should be fine shouldnt i? think i need a little reassurance.

me and oh went to exeter yesterday with his mom. i started the morning by trowing up. i didnt mind though as it meant i might feel better on the way there.

when we got there we looked at a couple of shops. went to kcf. then adam wanted to have a pint. fine i think. were in there most the day and dont even get to see most of the shops. when i thought we were ready to go he says, ill buy you that book you want if i have another pint.
so we stay longer.

but i now have the next book from dave speltzer. following on from a child named 'it'

anywone read that? its such a good book. so upsetting too. ive already started the next one. which shows promise to be as good as the last :)
the first book nearly made me tear up at parts.

and that brings us to today. im sitting here at the computer. im cold so ive got a jacket on. but im happy. i havent thrown up yet today.

im thinking about making myself some marmite on toast. i can have that cant i? please say i can. i love it.

rebel (my dog) chewed the corner of my medical record the other day :x

it was not fun trying to put it back together again. puppys eh.

how is everyone? enjoying the sales? i havent really been yet. am going to go later i think.

hope to speak to you all soon

take care :)

thanks for reading :D

Hi Keslo

congratulations on passing the 12 week stage :) Well done!

I think it's really normal to worry if everything is ok. Even if you've had no bad signs or aches and pains it'll be great when you have that next scan and get the reassurance. I know I can't wait. I keep thinking maybe I'm mistaken and my period is delayed, and I'm feeling sick for some other reason. LOL.

Sorry to hear about your puppy chewing your medical record. Does he/she chew a lot of stuff? How about buying the puppy a toy to chew so it'll leave your things alone? :)

I went to the sales at lunchtime today. I swapped a couple of things and bought some more with the money. Swapped the little satin set my OH bought me for something much more sensible.. in cotton! LOL :cheer:

Sabrina x

thanks for replying :)

the dogs have got lots of chews and bones ect. he was just being annoying lol.

still need to find that appt card lol. otherwise ill be turning up at 9am hoping for the best lol.

not long to go now. im praying everything will be ok.

i brought my first pregnancy top today :D i got it for £3 in newlook. ill take a piccie of it in a min. i love it so much :D

ETA: piccie :D

top002.jpg

what do you think? i love it. and what a bargain :)

not sure how long it will fit though. dont seem to have much bump room in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back