Keeping nerves under control at 4 weeks

Hi Syd ! I've been having cramps for a couple of weeks now, sometimes mild like belly ache sometimes really feels like AF is on the way ! Clinic said its normal , I'm not bleeding just crampy. I'm having an early scan when I'm 6 weeks, I'm sure that 7 week scan will put your mind at ease. It almost doesn't feel real yet does it?
Your baby is due the day after mine lol .

Thanks Ragdoll :) Cramps have pretty much stopped so now I'm panicking because I have no symptoms at all other than slightly sore boobs and occasional slight light-headedness :) Got 2-3 on a digi yesterday so that put my mind slightly at rest.

Amazing that you'll be having your scan so soon! I bet you can't wait :)

Bless you , the test was a good idea like you said it gives you peace of mind. It's so hard isn't it because where you would normally go about your daily business quite happily all of a sudden you are analysing every minute detail of your waking hours ! When I've had moments when my stomach feels fine I then panic that nothing is happening , then it starts up again and I panic something is going wrong ! It's the hormones , those darn hormones lol.

I can't wait for my scan ! It still doesn't feel real to me , I've told family and the people who knew about our treatment, but it just hasn't registered that I'm actually having a baby. I'm sure the penny will drop when I hear a heartbeat/see the little one on screen :)

I know exactly what you mean, I still feel like I'm dreaming. I've had to let some people at work know for various reasons and I wrote it in an email earlier, kept re-reading the words "I'm pregnant" because I just couldn't quite take it in. I'm not telling my family until after 12 weeks. This will be my parents first grandchild, they've been desperate for one for years but I think have given up hope.

When is your scan?

It's on 31st August , have you scheduled yours yet?

I've told quite a lot of family,friends and everybody at work, but that's only because I was very up front about my fertility treatment so they all knew about the struggle and it's been nice having that support. As soon as I knew I told them all because I've never gotten this far before, I know it's recommended to wait but I thought sod it lol :)

I'm desperate to tell people, I just don't want to get their hopes up at this stage.

Yes, I'm booked for 2 Sep so just after you :)

Hi everyone. I got my first ever bfp on Saturday at the tender age of 44. I'm absolutely ecstatic but also incredibly nervous.

I just wondered how you all stay sane for the first few weeks? Especially first time mums. I've been having light period-type cramps on and off since yesterday, everything I've read says that's normal but I can't help fearing the worse all the time.

I know there are no real answers at this stage and it's just a case of wait and see. Would just love to hear from other people that have had the cramping and all is ok :)

I have an EDD of 22 April but slightly too nervous to join the April group at the moment...

Thank you.

Hi Syd - Congratulations :dance: - I'm glad to hear from someone that is a little older, I have just got my first tentative Faint line pregnancy yesterday and always worried at 37 and after previous problems I would have missed my chance. I'm trying not to focus too much on anything right now to be fair, just taking it as it comes and staying relaxed. I haven't told DH yet either - I think I want to wait a week to make sure its legitimate, but all I am doing is being mindful of my health and keeping calm. I guess until I tell someone its not real! I had shockingly bad pains on Tuesday this week but they subsided and the faint prg came yesterday, I have some twinges and feels weird if I stretch, also getting a bit collicky tummy. Every woman is different so please try not to worry

Congratulations determined! That's great news.

Yes, I'm really trying to just assume everything is ok unless I have real reason to think otherwise, which I don't at the moment :)

Congratulations determined! That's great news.

Yes, I'm really trying to just assume everything is ok unless I have real reason to think otherwise, which I don't at the moment :)

I think sometimes its easy to over think and over worry. But I understand the temptation to being a first time mother to be (hopefully) myself. Ive no idea what Im doing!! But I'm sure I'll find out along the way. I worry about telling DH because we had some problems last time we tried and it didnt end well for us. He's 46 and had two daughters in their twenties by a previous partner so I suppose I'm worried about their reaction etc etc. But ultimately I have to put me, our marriage and our little bean first, but its all so daunting. In terms of symptoms I had sore BB on Ovulation then they died down. I felt very sick weekend just gone when I was preparing to hike up Hellvellyn which I assume was my implantation day. Apart from some constipation, collicky tummy I dont have any other symptoms which is why I am still so wary of believing.
Is this your first?

Yes it is, first ever pregnancy. I'm in a similar situation to you in that oh has a child (albeit younger) by a previous marriage and he's very worried about how that's all going to go, oh is a good few years older than me.

The thought of hiking up Hellvellyn would make me feel sick too :)

I'm just going to count myself lucky that I don't have early symptoms. Have you worked out your due date?

Yes it is, first ever pregnancy. I'm in a similar situation to you in that oh has a child (albeit younger) by a previous marriage and he's very worried about how that's all going to go, oh is a good few years older than me.

The thought of hiking up Hellvellyn would make me feel sick too :)

I'm just going to count myself lucky that I don't have early symptoms. Have you worked out your due date?

Awww no, I love hiking - its the second time Ive done that particular mountain, we go up every weekend weather permitting, not sure how much more I'll be able to do now though?!?!? Is your hubby happy about it though?
Given the date of my last AF my due date is 26th April 2017

How about you??

Yeah he is :)

I'm impressed, I'm not much of a hiker, I wish I was but I don't like walking uphill...

My edd is 22 April.

Yeah he is :)

I'm impressed, I'm not much of a hiker, I wish I was but I don't like walking uphill...

My edd is 22 April.

Aww...Well thats all that matters then, just concentrate on you and hubby and new sticky bean :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back