Keep thinking this might be the start of baby's arrival!

katiejane

Reaction score
For almost two weeks i've been having irregular contractions, very on and off and gradually they are getting longer and stronger. I think baby williams head has dropped further down because the pressure on my pelvis now is unbearable and the painkillers for my SPD are doing nothing. Having baths seems to ease the pain for a while and yesterday I had quite a few contractions and alot of lower back pain, and have had pains in the night, but now its all gone quiet. Does this happen quite alot? On again, off again, because its driving me a bit mad. When I saw MW last week she thought baby would probably be here naturally before my consultants appointment on Thursday, but I think he might keep changing his mind. Any on got any advice or labour dust spare? xx

No advice, just :hug: I think it's called hesitant labour, everytime you get more contractions your body is working closer to the real deal. C'mon William!!!!

Yea, sounds like slow labour. I think it's quite common. They say to just look out for the contractions to get regular and closer together and when they are so bad you can't hold a conversation, then that's when it gets "real" so to speak. Good luck. Won't be long now xx

Oh i hope you're both right. Gemma i'm waiting for my dad to pick me up, theres nothing left for me to nest here, so i'm going to their house ha ha ha x

hahaha, you're a mad woman!!! Bet your folks are loving you today!! David surprised me with a day off work for his birthday so we're out for lunch this avo. Get scrubbing those floors lady!!! :)

ooh if you REALLY want to nest, you can come round here....so much to do in the next hour before my grandma arrives for lunch, and Im on PF :wall:

:dust: hope your labour starts properly soon

^^^^ Followed by my place after right?! Got nursery walls to strip and the whole house needs a once over?! Hehe! Hope this is it hun! All the best x

At least you know it's coming... Yeah that doesn't sound as reassuring as I thought :lol:

Well only a few contractions today, nothing regular. My MIL thinks it will be tomorrow, I really hope she's right because otherwise I might have to be induced which is far from ideal. I love you ladies on here you always reassure me

A lot of ladies on here have had this - followed by short labours - so fingers crossed - i suppose it doesn't hurt to space it out - have you got a sweep or anything booked - might be worth having an VE to see if you are dillating xxx

Hehehehe, wouldn't it be great if you were already like 4 cms dilated! That would be ace!

Yeah that would make my day hun, i guess its unlikely. Thanks for all the kind wishes. Evajo I have SPD so am booked in to see the consultant on thursday at the hospital to discuss an induction as i'm not sleeping and the pains getting worse. I did think at 4am about calling MW today and asking for internal and sweep to get some progress but OH talked me out of it, wants me to give baby William a chance to come by himself, so we are waiting until Thursday. I'm really hoping its soon though xx

Sweeps are better than inductions hun so deffo worth giving it a go if mw says yes - keep us updated on what consultant says xxxxx

Hope your slow labour doesn't drag Hun I had slow labour with belle for a
month and zander for three days I hope yours goes super quick x

Thanks hun, a month - thats awful, i hope i'm not still sat here moaning that he's not here in two weeks time.

I will mention a sweep then, and I will update when i've seen consultant on Thursday. xx

Hope it's good news for you the consultant will check if your dialated any I was 4cm for the month but because inwasnt contracting regually and there was no beds I wasn't seen lol! Only kept telling me bet you will have her in the next 24hrs lol!! Get plenty of rest hunni the more sleep the better and long walks and hot baths help with the pains x x x x shouldn't be too long hopefully I have my fingers well and truely crossed for you x

I have just read your Pregnancy journal Katie - and wanted come and find your last post in tri 3 - to wish you luck for the birth of Williiam, hope it doesn't take too long for you, and can't wait to see the pics of you holding your baby finally , you sound like your gonna be a fanastic mum X

Aww thank you, i'm so emotional today, the slightest thing makes me cry! Thats a really kind thing to say and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I woke up at 3.15am this morning with quite a painful contraction and I really thought he was on the move. But after a couple of hours it all went quiet and there's been not many since. I just want this next part to be done so I know he's safe but not everyone understands. If i'm not in full labour by 10am I have a appointment with a consultant tomorrow so i'm hoping the consultant will understand and maybe consider an induction soon. As soon as I have some news I will let you know. It doesn't seem two min since I was at 10 weeks, I know the next couple of weeks will be hard for you, if you need to chat i'm around and really hope it all goes smoothly and that you are in tri 2 very soon xx

Hi hon, hopefully baby will get moving by himself - u sound like ur doing great - keep us posted xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back