Kayden James

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

Here's my birth story of Kayden James - born 27/10/11 @19:16 - 7 days late.

I started getting pains on Monday night, only got about 4, but felt like contractions, I shoved it to the back of my mind thinking it was just my body preparing. On Tuesday, I was booked for a sweep with MW, she told me I was 4cm dilated & that baby would come that night. We arranged a babysitter & got prepared. On Tuesday night started getting contractions, but were bearable. Also started losing plug. Contractions were all over the place, one every hour or so & were still manageable. On Weds night the contractions were more regular, every 20/30mins & getting alot sorer, around 1am I couldn't handle it anymore & phoned the hosp, to be told I was better off waiting til they were 5min apart. In the early hours they were still irregular but very sore. When I woke on Thurs they were absolute agony, I couldn't sit or lie down, I couldn't even sit on the toilet w/out it bringing on a massive contraction, had to pee on a towel that I held between my legs. My contractions were between 5&12 mins. By 5pm I was literally screaming in agony with the pains, convinced that baby was no-where near coming due to irregular contractions & waters still intact. By the time OH got ready & our taxi came, I was screaming the house down & at one point was lying on the floor crying & screaming in pain. I screamed all the way in the taxi & couldn't sit the pressure in my privates was immense.

Eventually got to the hosp (i'd phoned & told them I was coming even tho pains weren't regular) only took about 30mins for them to turn into no breaks in between. Anyway, couldn't get out the taxi had 2 press all sorts of buzzers & walk along corridors to get to the assessment unit. I was still screaming in pain with OH holding me up, the MW asked me to give her a urine sample, get on bed & take off bottom half clothes, I couldn't open my legs enough to do the sample & couldn't get on the bed, I was lifted on & was screaming my lungs out in pain, OH said I was realllly screaming they didn't check me just rushed me straight to labour room on the trolley.

The MW gave me Gas & Air which was brilliant when you've had no pain relief for days, She starts saying baby ready to come & I had to push. 45 mins after arriving at hospital Kayden was born, i felt his head coming & gave a massive push, it kinda got stuck & I pushed again & that was the head out, then another small push & body out. The pain was absolutely immense, compared to my previous birth in which I had epidural, diamorphine & G&A this was excruciating. OH said I was screaming a hell of alot more with this one.

He was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice & once around his body & he was turning blue. MW's had also said his heart rate was dropping & he was getting tired (before he came out) I wish I had gotten to hosp sooner, but it didn't help with them saying i had to be 5min between contractions - oh and neither of us or MW's know when my waters broke, but they were intact when I got to the hosp. I thought being induced was a hard birth but this one with only G&A - big difference going through majority of it with no pain relief, was a hell of alot harder, but pushing stage was shorter.

We got discharged from the ward at 12 lunch time today. Last night he was perfect & didn't cry once but all the rest of the babies did.

He's absolutely perfect & I'm chuffed to bits to have a baby boy! He's such a content wee soul, when he wakes up he just lies there & looks about & doesn't cry!

Here's 1 pic for now, i'll post some better ones when I get them!

Attachments

• 303264_298639113497385_100000538953199_1195337_285771173_n.jpg
    303264_298639113497385_100000538953199_1195337_285771173_n.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 46
well done hon.......sounds awful :( but well done xx

So glad you got a blue bundle too, boys are so cute! Sounds like you had a hard time of it at least the pushing stage was quick and you got to hospital in time, good job by the sound of it. Big congratulations and well done xx

Well done hunny, you did absolutely briliant :) x x

sounds like you did a great job, well done and congrats he is beautiful xx

Forgot to say he is 6lbs 8, 7lbs bigger than his big sister when she was born.

:)

ah congrats to all hes gorgeous x x x and well done you x x x

So much of that I could relate to. Just massively well done you :hugs:
He's a little smasher!! Xxx

He's gorgeous!!! Well done babe u done so well!!!!

It pisses me off when mw are adamant contractions need to be regularly spaced etc.. :mad: so glad u went to hosp when u did!!

Great weight too!! Well done honey so happy for you!!
How's big sis doing??

It pisses me off when mw are adamant contractions need to be regularly spaced etc.. :mad: so glad u went to hosp when u did!!

I agree! Not everyone is a textbook example. You made the right decision there, Littlemiss!! xx

It was a good job my waters broke with Ellie or I'd have been in the same boat.. Usually they go on the tone of your voice when you call in too.. They should know better really! :roll:

Congratulations and well done. He really is a gorgeous little lad x

Congrats hun, he is just gorgeous!! xxxx

Congratulations :)
He is beautiful.
x

Awwww thanks ladies.

It really is sooo worth the hassle.

Sunny I read your birth story & related too.

The MW's told me I could go in if I wanted but made me feel like I should hold off incase I got sent home. And I wasn't best pleased with the attitude of the MW at the assessment unit when I said I couldn't seperate my legs 2 do a urine sample, get my trousers off or even get on the bed she was like...well, you'll just have to i'm afraid loool...helpfull

Anyway, just another 2 wee pics I thought i'd add, that i've just taken off my camera.

:)

Attachments

• 2 days old (2).jpg
    2 days old (2).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2 days old.jpg
    2 days old.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Where's the pics, where's the pics?xx ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back