Euan James McKean - 1st Feb 2009, 8lbs 03oz, 12:50pm

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Well, I can't believe I'm finally home with my brand new baby boy!! And also can't believe he was bang on due date! My mum always said that I'm never late for anything! :wink:

Started getting contractions on the Thursday night starting about 8pm and 30 mins apart. This came down to 10 minutes by about 11pm but managed to go to sleep and slept on and off through the night. Had a midwife appointment on Friday morning, contractions still there and she even felt one. She booked me in for an induction (Friday 13th!!) as procedure but heard her on the phone saying she won't need it as I'll be in there tonight!! :shock:

Went home and contractions slowly came down throughout the day and were getting a bit more painful. Had my TENS machine on and by about 9pm they were 5 mins apart. Phoned triage and they advised to see me as I have Group B strep and needed ABs during labour. Got up to the assessment unit and the contractions slowed to ten mins apart... :evil: lol I was gutted! Got an internal and the midwife confirmed I was 1cm dilated and effacing! I felt like I was in so much pain for just that amount! :cry: little did I know what was to come.......
Got home and contractions still far apart to went to bed and slept on and off........ woke up saturday and the contractions were still there and lost my plug....ah so thats what it was meant to look like! :clap: They hung around the 8-10 min mark all saturday but the pain was getting worse and worse..... by the time we went to bed they were about 6 mins apart but refused to phone triage as they seemed to only want me in when I was doubled up in pain!! :lol:
Got no sleep and by 4am they were coming every 4-5 mins and I was in agony. Still had my TENS on and was loving the boost button a little too much!
Went to triage about 6am and they confirmed I was 5cm! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I was sooooo pleased and I had manged this on just my TENS! Got transferred to labour suite where they got me set up with ABs and on the monitor......
Well cant say my "active birth" went to plan..... I was quite comfy on the bed with the Gas and Air and watching when the contractions were coming! I got to a point when I needed something stronger and opted for Diamorphine at 9am.......what a godsend!!! Managed to sleep my way to 10cm! I was so chuffed when the midwife examined me and said this!

So at 1130 I was pushing......but I was really tired from my long days of contractions, they gave me an hour but his head just wasnt coming round the final bend so at 12:30 they opted for a Ventouse delivery......I REALLY wish I hadnt caught sight of the cup before she rammed it up there! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pushed with all my might and heard someone said the head would be out with the next contraction.......I WAS not waiting that long so gave a wee push myself and head was out! Euan came out screaming his head off so didnt have to be whisked away which was a relief and originally the plan! :D

Worst part...... has to be getting stitched up afterwards... I had second degree tear from the episiotomy but felt like she was sewing up my whole insides!!!! had to spend a few days in hospital due to feeding problems...another story!

I'm so proud of my little man and totally in love with him! heres some piccies!

3252534227_740263aac9_m.jpg

3252537239_7b7db76094_m.jpg

3253354110_1fb5c1d928_m.jpg

Aww well done Lisa he is gorgeous!! Every1 is having lil boys!xx :hug: :hug:

Oh he's gorgeous. Congratulations and what a good boy to come on his due date :D

Jane x

YAY........been waiting patiently for some piccies :D

He is absolutely beautiful hun......and well done you!!

Sounds like he is going to be a little angel!!

Congratulations - he really is a handsome chap!
x

Aww hun he is gorgeous!! Congratulations again!!! :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back