just wondering..

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
im sending off my application for maternity allowance today (im 29 weeks). im still working but wont get smp. just wondering how long it will take for my maternity allowance application to be processed. cause i need to let my work know when i plan to take my leave, but cant do that til i know what the deal is with my allowance. anyone have any idea??

Hey hun. I sent mine off a couple of weeks ago and got a reply within about a week. If yours is like mine, I got a form that I have to fill in and return to them, but only AFTER I have left work to start my maternity leave. Or there's a phone number on the form that I can ring to do the same thing over the phone. The questions on the form are:
What date did you last work?
What days do you work in a normal week?
What date did you start your maternity leave?
What date do you want us to pay your maternity allowance from?
Did you get any sick pay after you last worked?
(If so) Was your illness pregnancy related?
Did you get any holiday pay after you last worked?
Are you in receipt of any other benefits?

Then there's a declaration to sign and that's it.

There's a whole lot of gumph on the back of the form that is a bit baffling about when you can start getting paid your MA. I need to read through this more thoroughly. Hope you get yours sorted out soon!

Hope you're doing well.
xx

Hey hun. I sent mine off a couple of weeks ago and got a reply within about a week. If yours is like mine, I got a form that I have to fill in and return to them, but only AFTER I have left work to start my maternity leave. Or there's a phone number on the form that I can ring to do the same thing over the phone. The questions on the form are:
What date did you last work?
What days do you work in a normal week?
What date did you start your maternity leave?
What date do you want us to pay your maternity allowance from?
Did you get any sick pay after you last worked?
(If so) Was your illness pregnancy related?
Did you get any holiday pay after you last worked?
Are you in receipt of any other benefits?

Then there's a declaration to sign and that's it.

There's a whole lot of gumph on the back of the form that is a bit baffling about when you can start getting paid your MA. I need to read through this more thoroughly. Hope you get yours sorted out soon!

Hope you're doing well.
xx

Glad u wrote this as i sent mine off last week but not currently on maternity as im being paid holiday pay until the week im due, so wondered what i would have to do to inform them it had started etc coz of baby arriving early or holiday pay finishing!!

now i know i feel a lot better lol :) xx

Glad to have been of some help. It can be so confusing, especially if you have to factor in holidays. I'm self-employed, so at least I don't have to worry about that. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back