Has anyone applied for Maternity Allowance?

OopsyDaisy said:
Dinski said:
Mine took about 1 month to arrive (you get a letter confirming how much you will get and when it will start) before they actually start paying you.

I sent my form off by recorded delivery as I don't trust the Job Centre.

Good luck hon!

I didn't really trust the Job Centre either, but I got photocopies of everything, and they issued a receipt to say that have received my application, so I left it in their hands.

I phoned up the benefits helpline today and they have received my application. Phew! Now just waiting for them to process it.
do you have the number, i sent mine off a few weeks ago and would like to check that they have received it

mine took ages to sort out. they lost my matb1 form, so i had to send them a photocopy. then they had trouble getting hold of my old employer, as i didnt have all my payslips.

useless place the job centre

The Job Centre told me that a lot of applications were going missing if the applicants sent it themselves through the post, hence I handed in my application to the Job Centre. If you haven't heard anything yet, may be worth giving the benefits helpline a call to check on the progress.
The no. is: 0845 603 6347

OopsyDaisy said:
The Job Centre told me that a lot of applications were going missing if the applicants sent it themselves through the post, hence I handed in my application to the Job Centre. If you haven't heard anything yet, may be worth giving the benefits helpline a call to check on the progress.
The no. is: 0845 603 6347

its not unique to the post hun :lol:

you really do have to keep badgering them. i lost count the amount of times i rang them.

save the number in speed dial, im sure you will need it :)

thanx girls will do this thursday as its payday :) then have 2weeks payday in july then thats it :(

gonna go see citazens tomorrow.

ok so im still currently employed by the job i got maternity on but i dont qualify for maternity pay as i not been paying national insurance or tax init.

jobs previously i have so do i need to get some wageslips for last job and this job. i am on maternity now but i dont get paid. only payment i got coming in is what ive been working. this thursday i get paid and 2weeks in july i will get abit of money but not much after that i got no money. OH works and we live at his parents house.

There is a useful guide to MA here.

Basically, it's either Class 2 N.I. credits (SEE certificate will do) or average income of £30+ over any 13 weeks during past 66 weeks (before baby), assuming you have been employed/self-employed for any 26+ weeks. (Weeks do not need to be complete - one day counts.)

The most time consuming/annoying part is getting a SMP1 form from every employer (including temp agencies), which requires a SMP claim form and your MATB1 form, just to prove you can't get SMP. So if you are employed - by anyone - or have been during the 15th week before baby is due then start collecting those SMP1s. If you have/had multiple employers this could take a while as only one MATB1 form to go round - unless maybe midwife could supply more than one form?

Woohoo!!! Received a letter today to say that my MA has been approved, and I'll be getting some money soon!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back