Maternity allowance anyone?

does anyone know if you can still get MA if you have worked part time? I have been a student for 3 years and worked part time as a health care assistant, then qualified and started my new job on 7th nov, so def don't qualify for SMP, but was hoping because I have worked part time for 3 years whilst studying I would be entitled for MA?? Not very clued up at all :( xx

Wannabmummy...I THINK and dont quote me on this tthat it doesnt matter how many hours you've worked?? But I think they do work outthat its either something like £125 a week OR 90% of your averages weekly earnings?? So although you wont get the full £125 you should be able to get 90% of what you got before?

Mummy2b73 - All I did was send off my payslips which showed my NI and tax contributions...if yyou have one of those for the 12 insolvency payment, then fingers crossed it should be ok x

Yes you will get MA even though you only worked part time. They will ask you to send payslips covering any 13 weeks in the 66 weeks before baby is born, so select the weeks you got paid the most! Xx

Yes you get MA even if you only worked for one day a week or something but will get 90% of your earnings if this is lower than the MA rate x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back