Has anyone applied for Maternity Allowance?

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
I've just handed in my application for Maternity Allowance today at my local JobCentre Plus (but worried that my claim may get lost as the staff seemed rather incompetent!!!).
Has anyone applied for this? If so, did you receive a letter after the application was successfully processed? And do you know how long it takes for them to process the application?

Thanks.

i sent mine off at the end of last month... but it ain't come yet... they said 2weeks for me. but as long as you got a receipt you should be fine

neeko_1 said:
i sent mine off at the end of last month... but it ain't come yet... they said 2weeks for me. but as long as you got a receipt you should be fine

Yeah, I made sure I got a receipt.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! lol!

i dont think i can get it as work pay me SMP?

trixipaws said:

That's right, Maternity Allowance is for those who don't get SMP.

mine took a week to have a huge chunk of dosh in my bank, i kept half each week and put it in high savings and 9mths later its paid for the deposit for our flat lol!!!! :cheer:

mummykay said:
mine took a week to have a huge chunk of dosh in my bank, i kept half each week and put it in high savings and 9mths later its paid for the deposit for our flat lol!!!! :cheer:

Can't wait to see some money added to my bank account. I'm self-employed, that's why I'm applying for Maternity Allowance, and since I've stopped working, I've felt guilty using DH's money.

I wont get anything as i don't work, and hubby earns 23K :(

They were pretty good with mine, about 3 weeks i think.

I was self employed so will apply for it.Dont know how im going to provide them woth pay slips though cos i paid all my tax at the end of the year, so they will have to look through my accounts!

ive only paid a tiny amount of tax so i may not get it then :(

im gonna go citizens advice today see if their open first lol

enn said:
OopsyDaisy said:
trixipaws said:

That's right, Maternity Allowance is for those who don't get SMP.

oh i should do this asap then should i as im not getting maternity pay from work.apparently i dont earn enough with work.

is that the same as this ?

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Cus ... 0.xml.html

No, they're different benefits. You may be able to apply for both? See what the Citizens Advice Bureau says.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I was self employed so will apply for it.Dont know how im going to provide them woth pay slips though cos i paid all my tax at the end of the year, so they will have to look through my accounts!

As far as I'm aware, they won't need to see any payslips if you are self-employed, as long as you have been paying class 2 national insurance, I think they just assume that you have earnt the minimum amounts needed to be eligible for this benefit.

I applied at the end of April and have been calling them ever since. They told me 8 weeks. I'm panicking about when i will get it.

Everyone is entitled to either maternity allowance or statuary pay regardless of your household income.

I just pray it comes soo :pray: n

Mine took about 1 month to arrive (you get a letter confirming how much you will get and when it will start) before they actually start paying you.

I sent my form off by recorded delivery as I don't trust the Job Centre.

Good luck hon!

Dinski said:
Mine took about 1 month to arrive (you get a letter confirming how much you will get and when it will start) before they actually start paying you.

I sent my form off by recorded delivery as I don't trust the Job Centre.

Good luck hon!

I didn't really trust the Job Centre either, but I got photocopies of everything, and they issued a receipt to say that have received my application, so I left it in their hands.

I phoned up the benefits helpline today and they have received my application. Phew! Now just waiting for them to process it.

I don't think I'm entitled to it. I don't work thus no SMP etc but then that's me not working by choice, I don't recieve any benefits what so ever and hubby earns a decent wage. I really don't think I qualify for anything...shame really.

I posted mine about a month ago and havent heard anything, am bit worried now as it had all my payslips in and matb1 form. I didnt get a reciept as just posted in 1st class?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back